Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Service E-Mail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well Tesla got back to me with a revised quote of $47,000. Again I said thank you but I still thought that was way too low for a well kept Roadster with a 3.0 battery still under warranty. If they cross $70k I may bite. Do you think I am being unrealistic for a 1.5/3.0 with many options including Sound Reductions 1&2, hard top and even a hitch for a bike rack?

I'm a Model S owner so I'm not aware of Roadster options/values, although I know they're quite rare and prized when compared to an S, X or 3. I did find this link: Tesla however.
It's not a Tesla-specific website but features a lot of collector cars and tracks sale prices for cars that are posted to the site, though there's quite a gap between their lowest Roadster sale price and highest sale price, it also notes one "bid to" that apparently didn't meet reserve.

• Helpful
Reactions: dhrivnak
Taking a roadster to BAT is like taking this 3,424 HP Supercharged 24 Cylinder Detroit Diesel Peterbilt Semi Truck
to an energy conservation meeting. One of the cars sold twice! the real problem is no one knows how to value these cars, like used model S, dealers have no clue what that even have, private buyers price according to what they think the value is to them (and quite often change hands for they value) and the biggest asset is the battery. Arguably the mean value for a road worthy roadster With 160-170 mile standard range is 45-50k. From there the cost goes up, especially if you have a 3.0, disc upgrade, adjustable suspension, hard top, Taylor top. Can Jr/Sr, original HPWC, dual din, carbon interior, some people even pay a premium for blue .
So for the company who made them and service them, they know the value, the guys at my SC know exactly what one is worth, why wouldn’t the sales team. As mentioned the cost is expected to be on the low side, but $27,000? Even the revised figure was 20,000 higher, still 20,000 shy of what would be considered a low value for that car. This is not the usual 3000-5000 lower than is expected, it’s tens of thousands lower, meaning they value their cars at not a lot, which does not bode well for the supposed increase in interest they have in these vehicles. I wait pessimistically optimistic for any proof other than putting the roadster in people’s accounts.

• Helpful
Reactions: dhrivnak and Sig72
I'm with @X.l.r.8 here. I'm a huge Tesla fan, but also a big time ICE sports car person too (especially 90's Porsches). I have a look at what is for sale on BaT (bring a trailer) every week and these 2 groups could not be further apart. BaT people largely have no interest in electric or modern cars and TMC for the most part is pretty uninterested in older ICE cars. BaT is great, but it is DEFINITELY not the right place to value or try to sell a Roadster

Reactions: DeedWest
Couple months back I spent some ridiculous time trying to book a service appointment; I'll claim credit for kicking up a big fuss on behalf of Roadster owners and even mailing/texting various senior management. That said, huge thanks should actually go to @bonnie for getting to the right people and the generation of this very simple dedicated channel for us Roadster owners to be able to communicate with Service.

Even if it took a while, thank you Tesla!

• Informative
Reactions: brianman
Still nothing...

tumblr_nq7c6rWMM01qhub34o4_500.gifv

F5... F5... F5... F5...

Nada.

Last time I talked to the local SC (about 2 weeks ago), they'd not heard of the email service. Wonder if they're holding the email until after the local SC folks are "trained"?

E-mail received or not, the channel is dedicated exclusively for ALL U.S. Roadster owners. Gets around the app-based service booking system that is used for all other Tesla models.

Reach us by emailing [email protected] to schedule a Service appointment, get status updates, request parts or speak with an expert. Note that this channel only services Roadsters and you should continue to use the Tesla app for all other Tesla cars.

Reactions: dhrivnak