Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster servicing: What is included?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's nearly the entire service from my understanding, so yes it's definitely included.

Other than that, it's pretty much inspecting everything in the drivetrain, stuff like transmission inspection, and topping off it's fluid if needed, they do a battery test, and top off the coolant if needed. And they check the HVAC, brakes, steering, wipers, etc., and let you know if anything needs repair or replacement.

Reactions: dhrivnak
I'm quite puzzled because last year I was getting 283 / 287 errors and sent the car in to get sorted out, including checking all the seals on the PEM etc. Then I was getting the HVAC over temp errors over last summer so sent it in to have that pressurised correctly. On the day I took it in to get that sorted, I had an error about one of the megapoles being over temp which some on here said was probably due to blockage in the PEM cooling.

After that I was getting 1144 errors and did a DIY change of the PEM/motor fan to a new unit last autumn/fall which seemed to help the cooling situation and the errors mostly went away.

I have hardly driven the car at all this winter, so I am surprised to hear that the fan and other channels are blocked up.

But more importantly, I thought that cleaning this out was an important part of the service, so why am I being charged for it as a separate line item?

Here is my invoice from yesterday:

2017 Invoice.png

And here are the relevant bits of the checklist I was given last year.

Page 1a.png

Page 1b.png

Page 2.png

Page 3.png

Which seems to include the things I have been charged for separately.

So I'm a bit at a loss as to what is going on. What are others' experiences?

• Informative
Reactions: MileHighMotoring
I was never charged more than $600, and last year it was only $400. I have not been given a checklist of what was done in several years, though. They did clean the PEM, replace the wiper blade and a battery for my key; other than that I don't know what was done. Fewer and fewer techs are familiar with the Roadster, maybe that's why.

The checklist is handy because it specifies which years stuff like fluid flushing should be done.

The service tech at this SC has been working on Roadster for 5+ years and is the only one in the UK that knows it. It's not that, but prices have definitely been creeping up.