Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Sport Suspension - SOLD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medlock&Sons

Carl Medlock
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2014
WA
Roadster Sport Suspension

I am not stuck on this price, I didn't know what to ask.

Roadster Bilstein Sport Suspension for sale.
Complete setup has around 4000 miles on it.
Includes the struts springs, mounting brackets for reservoirs and the adjustable rear sway bar.
I do not have the front sway bar
Installation is available if your in the Seattle area.

This option was $6000 if my memory serves me correctly.

List Date: 7/9/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Roadster Sport Suspension
--------------------------------------
SOLD

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

61f6974c-ed5c-4e2b-ad3c-61648b2218772.jpe
65c9e119-5ce9-41f2-b26d-b0bd13732b542.JPG

CM,
The parts look to be in excellent condition in the pics. is that the case?

Parts are in perfect working order. A

Although I worked at Tesla for 4 years and am certified in every aspect of the vehicles; Tesla is refusing to sell me parts to assist local owners. I am getting rid of all of my Tesla parts and will not be doing further 3rd party service. See 2020auto on Ebay for other listings.

This rear bar works on all roadsters, and has the bend for dual fans.

I'd double check on that. To me, it appears it's missing the aggressive curve in the middle to clear the double blowers. Here's one on ebay, non adjustable which came with the single blower setups:
Tesla Roadster Rear Anti Roll Bar B126D0036F | eBay

Here's a thread showing the aggressive curved rear swaybar that goes around the double blower setup that was the upgrade Tesla went with to address PEM cooling issues on the 2.x:

Roadster Rear Blower Maintenance - Page 2

OverviewNew.jpg

FanWithAntiSwayBar.jpg

And your's:
65c9e119-5ce9-41f2-b26d-b0bd13732b542.JPG

Here's the 1.5 one on Ebay:
$_57.JPG

Most likely this setup came off a 2.0 Sport before the Dual Blower setup was implemented.

Last edited:
What your showing was never on a production roadster until at least vin 1100. The fan your showing was a service bulletin upgrade. One motor two fans. The setup I
man selling came
off a 2.5. That was totaled, the car was rebuilt by me using all
clear coat panels. Brakes system and suspension were also upgraded.

Gotcha, so the single fan/smaller blower was on vins below 1100. I seriously thought Tesla moved over to those way earlier but possibly all the Roadsters I'd seen were upgraded. From what I understand, typically that upgrade was only done by customer request or overheating was identified in the logs from the PEM.

Here's a pic of my 1.5 single blower, its significantly smaller in size and the swaybar hugs under it without any issue. Also appears the 1.5 blower is angled up more where the upgrade comes down and in forward more.

The 2.x with and without the blower upgrade came with an adjustable rear swaybar. I don't know if its the same size as what was on the sport package, seems weird to carry two part numbers that differ in only the diameter of the swaybar for something so limited in production. I think they ran the same swaybar personally on the rear and then had a separate adjustable rear sway for the fan upgrade.

Thanks!

IMG_7011.JPG

Last edited: