Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Suspension - Shocks and Bushings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have suggestions on what suspension (shocks and bushings) you all would buy aftermarket for the 1.5 Roadster? My bushings are worn out and was thinking about upgrading the suspension all at the same time. Also, where to purchase would be helpful. Thanks!

Reactions: Gabner
I can think of 2. I would for a road car just put powerflex bushes in, and shocks there is intrax who have a set up for the roadster, Penske which are comparable and the package has been already sorted. I wouldn’t bother with Nitron after talking with them, I don’t trust a word that comes out of their mouths. The adjustable shocks rebuilt would also be a great option. The stock non adjustable I would not bother rebuilding.
Carl would be your one stop for the Penske,
Upgraded Tesla Roadster Coilovers - Medlock & Sons
which are pricey but top shelf items that you would never look back on. Intrax developed shocks for a few roadsters and have a comprehensive pedigree. But you will need a 3rd party shop for install.

Last edited:
I can think of 2. I would for a road car just put powerflex bushes in, and shocks there is intrax who have a set up for the roadster, Penske which are comparable and the package has been already sorted. I wouldn’t bother with Nitron after talking with them, I don’t trust a word that comes out of their mouths. The adjustable shocks rebuilt would also be a great option. The stock non adjustable I would not bother rebuilding.
Carl would be your one stop for the Penske,
Upgraded Tesla Roadster Coilovers - Medlock & Sons
which are pricey but top shelf items that you would never look back on. Intrax developed shocks for a few roadsters and have a comprehensive pedigree. But you will need a 3rd party shop for install.
Thanks!

F8ECB1D2-44EC-4230-AF4D-82FB28A919EA.png

Reactions: btownalset
If I had oem adjustable s I would rebuild them. If I had non adjustable I would would get 1k2, I’m not decided on the arc system because the roll control we have is pretty good.
406117D0-34AD-4CEE-9E8C-AE125920A38D.jpeg

These prices were a few years ago. I would contact them and ask for Donald. He was super helpful.
You do need to decide what spring rating to go for. A good starting point is 550/700, maybe 750 on the rear depending on ride height. I have bigger wheels so I would be keeping stock ride height. I already pretty much ripped my front lip off the bumper cover going through 12-18 inches of snow in the winter. I already had to drill and fit some fast and furious splitter support rods to keep it from flapping around. If you dm me an email address I’ll forward the email I got from intrax.

Reactions: Gabner
Front needs 8 PF34-201
Rear needs 6 PR32-201 and 2 PF34-202
I got those powerflex from GRP and it came in purple.
Whats the difference between purple vs Black series?

Intrax is on vacation all of August.

We have installed a number of these Roadster specific shocks and are very pleased with the results. We have ample inventory:

Peter, I'm curious how they fit on a 2.0 non-Sport. Where does that canister go?
You will have to drill holes in the frame and install nutserts to hold the canister. We can supply you with part numbers, etc. I haven't seen the Intrax setup yet. Our shock setup is more expensive, but Penske also has 5f1 teams using their shocks and a dozen or more off-road teams using them. We spent a lot of time and money to ensure we offer the best quality parts. Everything we make and sell is in the USA; our carbon shop is one mile from here. We had a Lotus race shop do all the R&D for our setup. The OEM Bilstein was a $6000 option; ours are $5500 and have a 5-year warranty. Back to your original comment, I can supply you the nutserts and the template for drilling the holes. [email protected]

Reactions: eHorses and gregd