Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Test Drive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a used tesla roadster and was wondering if anyone in the LA are was willing to let me check out their car and take it out for a test drive. I know this is quite random, but I'm very serious about buying a used one, but wanted to get a feel for how they are first!

Thanks!

I'm not sure you will get much of a response on that one. Most of us research the car we want, I mean the actual car. And then once located its a case of driving right before you hand over the cash, personally I bought mine without ever setting eyes on it. I regularly take people out in mine who express an interest, but to let someone take it for a test drive...... Not happening

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a used tesla roadster and was wondering if anyone in the LA are was willing to let me check out their car and take it out for a test drive. I know this is quite random, but I'm very serious about buying a used one, but wanted to get a feel for how they are first!

Thanks!
Take a trip to NE Tennessee and I would be happy to accommodate. Warning it is likely to be a very expensive trip.

Reactions: X.l.r.8
I purchased all 5 of my roadsters sight unseen and didn't have problems with any of them. Obviously, it'd benefit you to see the car and test drive it, if possible, but there are a lot less things to worry about on this car than an ICE vehicle. As long as you have the CAC values, numerous detailed pictures, decent records, clean carfax and a good sense about the seller, you'll probably be okay. There's so much knowledge on this forum regarding each roadster and most likely, someone will know if there's a story behind a car for sale.

With that being said, if you're ever in the Bay Area, I'd let you drive one of mine.

Reactions: Hsujonn
There are a couple for sale in SoCal so perhaps that's a good place to start your journey.

#508 is in TO and claims to be the first 2.0 ever shipped & delivered.

#1164 down in SD appears to have lost it's artful wrap and is now sporting its true colors.

Perhaps it's the phrasing of your initial ask that's given us pause. I and most of the Roadster brother/sisterhood would be happy to give you a test ride as opposed to a solo test drive. These are our babies and we don't like them straying too far away from the crib. Unless you're like @spiderguy and his quintuplets :cool: ;) :p :rolleyes: :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: Hsujonn and X.l.r.8
Finally got it in! Been driving it every day and have got to say... I love it. Amazing fun to drive and happy to be a part of the Roadster family!

Here's lovely 474 at its new home!

Attachments

• IMG_0851.JPG
    IMG_0851.JPG
    412.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0875.JPG
    IMG_0875.JPG
    439.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0837.JPG
    IMG_0837.JPG
    566.8 KB · Views: 51