Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Tetris

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Carl W

2008, #311 thunder gray 1.5
Oct 18, 2016
laguna beach, ca
Took a quick picture of my #311 in the parking lot of Costco after shopping. A passer-by commented that it looked like I was playing Tetris in packing my trunk with goods. Anyone packed something ridiculous in their roadster?

Attachments

• Roadster Tetris.JPG
    Roadster Tetris.JPG
    581.9 KB · Views: 371
Took a quick picture of my #311 in the parking lot of Costco after shopping. A passer-by commented that it looked like I was playing Tetris in packing my trunk with goods. Anyone packed something ridiculous in their roadster?
We take the S to Costco... Unless we have to stick to a strict budget, then the Roadster helps us limit our purchases to the things on the list.

I don't Costco, but when we go on a road trip we pack the trunk very carefully, especially if we need to include the mobile charge cable. We have a couple of suitcases with different shapes to fit the available space, and coats slide in behind the seats. Wine bottles go in a protective sleeve in front of the passenger's feet.

Love this thread!

As a musician, I once transported all of my drum hardware (cymbal stands, etc.) which somehow fit perfectly snug in the Roadster trunk, thanks to its dimensions. My friend hilariously followed me in his Mustang, who had the rest of the drum kit stuffed into his car. I definitely blew it by not taking a photo of it.

I'm the guy who continuously gets a hard time for driving "the smallest car ever" while being a drummer. Oops.

• Funny
Reactions: tvuolo
We were full, and I mean FULL on a road trip when we stopped at an ostrich farm in No Carolina. We ended up buying not one, but TWO ostrich eggs. We had to move some luggage to the front under our knees to fit the eggs in the trunk. We gave one away as a present about 100 miles later. The other one traveled another 1400 miles to our home. Still not sure how I managed to make it fit without breaking it.

Not to spoil his story but dear season just ended in VT and... I hope we hear (with pics) from the successful hunter in this group...

Henry, I won't disappoint you. For the past 5 years or so, I have traveled to NH to go hunting with some friends. The only years I have put meat in the freezer were the 2 times I took my Roadster. While some might complain about getting a small deer, all I can say is that (a) they were tender and tasty and (b) they were perfect size to fit in my "trunk"! Offal in bag, deer in body bag! I might be the only Roadster owner who can say he has had a deer in his trunk!

IMG_4066.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4070.jpg
    IMG_4070.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 265
My wife and I are helping our neighborhood decorate for Christmas. We don't have a truck, and a plywood cutout doesn't quite fit in the Model S. We do have a car with an optional roof...
This angel got transported two miles across the subdivision, with me carefully holding it up while she drove.

View attachment 204956
Nice. Would give you good downforce above 50 mph. Or maybe lift force?

• Funny
Reactions: Tex EV and DeedWest
I transported a water heater in mine but not in the trunk. Another time I took a friend backpacking. Two backpacks were tough. Then of course I get the looks when transporting a couple of mountain bikes with the hitch and bike rack.

Last edited: