Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Tire Pressure Monitor Reset Tool Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you post some information about the manufacturer and or model number of the reset tool? I think this is a readily available TPMS programming that is just Tesla branded (Smartool).

It has the SmarTool branding on the front, with the Tesla brand as well. No other distinguishing branding or marks. On the back it has a sticker that reads:

1013547-00-B

TOOL,TPMS,ROADSTER 2.0/2.5

Baolong TPMS LF Tool (GJ005B)

Serial Number: G5B120406060

Now that 'we' have one of these, I'd be really interested in seeing what actually happens on the CAN bus when it is in use.

Presumably the sequence is you walk around the car getting the id numbers from each sensor, then plug in to the car (DIAG connector?) to program the TPMS? If we could read the current sensor ids (using can) as a backup, then presumably we could re-program them without having to walk the car?

Can you explain how you use the device, or is there a manual in electronic format?

Now that 'we' have one of these, I'd be really interested in seeing what actually happens on the CAN bus when it is in use.

Presumably the sequence is you walk around the car getting the id numbers from each sensor, then plug in to the car (DIAG connector?) to program the TPMS? If we could read the current sensor ids (using can) as a backup, then presumably we could re-program them without having to walk the car?

Would sure be nice if we could do that with OVMS!

5 days ago I had my two rear wheels reconditioned--i.e. had the dings from scraping curbs taken out--wheels and tires were removed to do so. The wheels look new! Anyhow, everything was fine and I have driven the car almost every day since. Somehow, today for the first time, I got the error message about the tire pressure. Yet, when I look at the car with the OVMS the tire pressures are still reported! I'm assuming this is just the last pressure from before the problem occurred. I have the original front tires and am on my 3rd set of rear tires in 2.5 years and 16,000 miles and this is the first time this message has come up. Drat!

I bought one of these tools from Tesla shortly after I got my car in 2010 because I replace my wheels every fall and winter (summer to winter wheels) and at the time Chicago was my nearest service center (430 miles away). It only takes a minute or two to program the car and it is very handy when the car occasionally throws that TPMS warning message. I'm in central MO and wouldn't have a problem loaning it out to anyone who wants to come by for a reset. But I don't think there are any Roadsters near me. Does it the same tool also work for the Model S?

Its is a Tesla only tool...would anyone be interested in disabling the TPMS on there car?

Is there an update or additional information on the tool?

Yes please, I would like to disable mine.

- or if possible, change the calibration instead, to allow for higher tire pressures before the system alarms.
I have changed the tires so the programmed pressure alarm levels are wrong for my Roadster's tires.