Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster to be at 2008 British auto show.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Administrator
Tesla Roadster Heads to Jolly Old England

LONDON — The competition to mass-market electric cars takes another step forward this summer with the announcement on Tuesday that the 2008 British Auto Show will feature a new "electric vehicle village." Among the more than 20 showcased vehicles will be the Tesla Roadster, the G-Wiz and the Super Light Car from the Nice Car Company.

"The aim of the feature is to highlight the significant advances made in developing zero-emissions vehicles and to reflect the mushrooming demand for these cars," said Kirsty Perkinson, the show's marketing director.

The exhibit will include demonstrations of the Elektrobay on-street recharging station from Elektromotive. The 2008 British Auto Show kicks off on July 23.

What this means to you: Expect this concept to be copied at other global auto shows in the future. — Anita Lienert, Correspondent

ANYTHING to avoid having to park next to the punishment cars!

Looks like they might be near some punishment cars in the Electric Village.

British International Motor Show to feature "The Electric Vehicle Village" - AutoblogGreen

...there will be a veritable cornucopia of electric car companies assembled to create what they are calling, "The Electric Vehicle Village."

Sponsored by Co-operative Insurance, the "Village" will feature 20 different vehicles including the Tesla Roadster and its antithesis, the Reva G-Wiz...

My first reaction was Oh no, the Electric Ghetto. But actually I'm feeling positive about this now. The Roadster looks so like a conventional sports car that if it was parked amid a row of ICE stands, it might not draw much attention unless people were specifically looking for it.

However, alongside all those threewheelers and quadracycles in the Electric Village, the Roadster is REALLY going to shock!

I think we can pretty much guarantee that a photo of the Roadster will be printed in the Electric Village section of the show guide. Plus Tesla can rely on the usual green bias in the national media. Plus there are going to be quite a few Lotus-watchers at the event for news of the Eagle. Word will get round.

Hi Chris

Assuming that you need a serious answer to this question, my vote is for a flatbed truck. :smile:

Hethel only produce "gliders"

Looks like test drives will be off the menu :frown:

Considering that it's possible to ship Roadsters from Hethel to California I suppose it should be possible to ship a drive train from California TO Hethel as well if they want a few drivable show cars.

Cobos

That wasn't very much of a plug IMHO, they did mention that they will be there. Still in theory I might even go down there myself if I'm really in need of seeing the Roadster... :) A trip to London doesn't cost much and we got friends living in the city. hmmm ....

Cobos

Roadster in the UK

Tesla Roadster has stunning acceleration - Mirror.co.uk
Its first appearance will be at the exclusive Salon Prive in London on July 2 but us mere mortals will be able to see it at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, July 11 to 13, and at the London Motor Show, July 22 to August 3.
8128273B-0F55-F7D4-65DC24A778B66B47.jpg

Tesla relies heavily on their unique position in the marketplace as a desirable sports car dripping with green cred.
TTBOMK they don't pay to have a roadster on display anywhere. There is too much demand for it and exhibitors know it will draw people in.

Other auto shows had Tesla in the Yokahama booth.

British International Motor Show goes green, but industry still feeling blue

Most of the zero-emissions vehicles on display are on sale now, including one of the world’s most desirable cars and the poster child for eco-chic, the Tesla Roadster. Silently accelerating from 0-60mph in 3.9 seconds, the Tesla recharges in 3.5 hours and has a range of 220 miles, easily enough for a long daily commute. But with a price tag of £79,000 buyers will be hoping that Tesla’s calculation that the car will cost approximately 1.3p per mile to run is accurate.

Other green cars on display include the revamped 2008 G-Wiz i, as well as the new Nice MyCar, a G-Wiz rival that goes on sale this Autumn with a price tag of around £9,000. Also on display is a new all-electric offering from Smart called the ‘eg’ which is currently being trialled in the UK with a view to going into production in 2010.