TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roadster turn radius

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by asgard, Mar 20, 2014.

1. asgard

asgard Member

My 1.5 has a huge turn radius. Makes getting out of tight spots a bit of a pain. Wondering if the 2.Xs are the same?
    I suppose that is something we have to live with, given the tight clearance between the frame and
    the wheels.

2. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

I can't compare them, but my 2.5 has the biggest turn radius of anything I've driven (much less impressive than it sounds - I've only had 3 or 4 cars over my life). Our Honda CRX, the occupant of the other 1/2 of our garage today, feels like it makes sharp 90 degree angles by comparison. As you say, something I've learned to live with.

3. Jackyche

Jackyche Member

Before I got mine, I always thought it would be the lack of power steering that would give me issues during parking situations.

Nope. Its the turning radius.

4. Tesla 940

Tesla 940 Member

According to the manual - my 2.0 has a turning radias of 36' 3" - compared to my pickup truck, that is tight:smile: