TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roadster Upgrades Page on Tesla Website

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by NigelM, Oct 27, 2011.

1. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

3. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

Prices ... if you have to ask ... :smile:

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Smart on their part. Can finally order your CF parts from a reliable dealer.
    No Sector 111 style mirror with day/night switch though or an iPod/iPhone or mobile phone dock.

5. dwegmull

dwegmull 2013 Model S 85

The interior sound reduction kit is $3000 plus sales taxes. The price is mainly due to the fact that they have to take most of the car apart to install it. I'm toying with the idea of getting it installed as part of my next yearly maintenance.

6. jory

jory Member

adjustable suspension is $6000+tax (currently on backorder for 1-2 months in menlo park)

7. richkae

richkae VIN587

I did this for my 2.0 Roadster. I am very happy with it. I can now have a conversation at highway speeds ( with the top on )

8. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

And I did this for my 1.5 and can use the bluetooth and talk through the radio. It definately helped.

9. Odenator

Odenator P2607

I wonder what they use for their NVH material and how it compares to Dynamat?

10. 7racer

7racer Member

was the sound deadening standard on 2.5's?

Mine sounds fine but I really don't know any difference.

11. dsm363

It should be included in all 2.5s.

The carbon fiber door sills are $1,400 too.

12. SByer

SByer '08 #383

+1 on the sound reduction kit. I had it done at the same time they did the window seal fix on my 1.5. Between the two, what a difference!

I'm still thinking about the suspension and various CF bits. But I'd really like to see the headlight upgrade get posted. At this point, my bike like is brighter than my Roadster's headlights!

13. dsm363

I'll have the headlight upgrade in early December but I'm sure others will have it before then.
    I'm trying to decide if the carbon fiber door sills will look good if the rest of the interior doesn't have carbon fiber accents (it is an all black leather interior on a white car with exterior carbon fiber accents). Any thoughts?

14. The CF sills are a major improvement over the stock plastic ones. My roadster has a black (with red inserts) interior and I think the sills were probably one best upgrades I have done thus far.

15. jory

jory Member

speaking of upgrades, has anyone upgraded their single DIN radio setup (on a 1.5 or 2.0) to the 2.5 double DIN setup? cost happy with the decision? did you go with the stock double DIN head unit or another?

16. dsm363

I didn't upgrade but have the stock double din in my 2.5. I'd suggest looking around to see if you can find something better than the Alpine INA-W900.

17. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

#17 dhrivnak, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
    I ended adding 4 Dynamat kits to the Roadster sound kit. The majority of the Tesla material looked and applied very similar but Dynamat is a little thicker. The Roadster kit also had some fiber mats (reminded me of a comforter) that went behind the doors and seats.

18. Single Din is also on the 2.5's (if you order a roadster without the upgraded electronics package)....From what I understand there is a crossmember which is located behind the radio which may prevent older Tesla Roadsters from merely putting in the double-din bezel and adding in a double-din head unit?

19. augkuo

augkuo Member

I put in a single DIN flip up - you'd have to cut up the dash if you wanted a double DIN unit. The only disadvantage is that the screen will block the vents above the stereo. On the 2.5's the vents are smaller to accommodate the screen.

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-P6300BT-Receiver-Control-Bluetooth/dp/B004HW6F88

20. Tesla sells an upgraded bezel which replaces the vents with the half vents (as seen on the double-din models).

2.5 Double Din Radio Bezel/surround for the NAV option.