Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Roadster VDS Messages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
added info on #1463

This problem appeared to me after a yearly service because the HVAC was overfilled. Check HVAC fluid level

Added info on #1144 and #1146

Probably the PEM/Motor fan needs to be replaced.
Also check the connectors or wiring between the fans and the PEM. Could just be a bad contact

Hi, I'd like to add some notes to error ID:287 "Powertrain Problem / Service Required" which came up yesterday after I had been driving in fierce rain and been loading the trunk earlier in the same rain, then tried to charge when I got home. The car would drive but not charge. I did put a call in to Tesla Motors and haven't heard back but I asked Michael Thwaite for advice; he explained it was probably water etc., which is exactly what it was, so I left the car out in the sun for 2-3 hours and the problem went away. Amazing really.

So whoever can edit the original post (I can't): Notes field can say something like "Confirmed that in one Roadster 2.5 case, this problem was probably caused by water and was definitely resolved by baking the car in the July sun for a few hours with doors, trunk and charge port open, after which the car went back to charging normally."

Thanks! -- Ian

I have got some debug messages for the list:

ID: 257 red “APS output 1 (main) reset”

ID: 1562 orange “VMS: Not receiving GS version number”

ID: 1559 orange “VMS: Not receiving HVAC version number”

ID: 1558 orange “VMS: Not receiving TCM version number”

ID: 1522 orange “SWP: BPS Active”

ID: 1131 yellow “DMC FW: Lost Comms With Shifter”

ID: 1098 orange “DMC FW: Lost ABS Comms (and TC) warning”

ID: 63 orange “GS: No data fault”

ID: 61 orange “TCM: No data fault”

ID: 54 orange “HVAC: No data fault”

ID: 1661 yellow “PM: Gear Selector Comms Warning”

ID: 58 orange “TPMS: No data fault”

Is there a place where I can find an explanation for the abbreviations?

I think I can help with some.

TPMS tire pressure monitoring system
HVAC heating ventilating air conditioning
TCM traction control module
BPS backup power supply
SWP switchpack
VMS vehicle management system
APS auxiliary power supply

If you are experiencing these you may have lost your APS power to the PEM.

Given that 101, 102, 103, 105, 106, and 107 all say "Parking System Service Required", I'd say your wiper fluid is low.

Funny thing is that showed up on OVMS twice but not in the car. There were no obvious parking system issues when I drove it too.

However I have a new one to report: ID: 1130 "DMC FW: VBUS Present With ILOOP Open". Anyone have a clue that what is about?

My Roadster is in the service centre at the moment. They obviously finished the service this morning. When the OVMS came back to life I saw two lots of 1560 (two minutes apart) and then two minutes later it sent 1163. None of those are in the top post here. Any ideas?

My Roadster is in the service centre at the moment. They obviously finished the service this morning. When the OVMS came back to life I saw two lots of 1560 (two minutes apart) and then two minutes later it sent 1163. None of those are in the top post here. Any ideas?

1560 VMS: Not receiving IP version number
1163 ?

The 1560 is probably just because something wasn't plugged in, being updated, or something like that. Not to worry about, if it went away. No idea about the 1163.

• Informative
Reactions: dpeilow and drewski