TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Roadster Vin #1196 - Finds new owner

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by ibcs, Oct 6, 2013.

Tags:
  1. ibcs

ibcs Member

First I'd like to thank all the previous and current roadster owners for a wealth of knowledge on my newly acquired roadster.

Can't say how much I love the roadster. You can see all the details that went into making the Model S right before your eyes. The roadster is absolutely a blast to drive, quick and you just feel the road. The Model S is the perfect family car, while the roadster is an awesome around town and small road trips.

I picked up the car on Friday and on Saturday I drove 200+ miles the very first day. Charged using a 120v outlet for a couple hours to make the trip without a problem. Driving with the top off is absolutely awesome.

Now I have to perfect garage with the Model S and Roadster side by side.

---Kent

2. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Congrats! It is harder to imagine a nicer garage.

My wife is a teacher, and if she ever walks in to a classroom late, her kids tease her - asking if she had trouble deciding which Tesla to take that day.

I imagine we will be hearing more stories like this - in fact a Model S owner near me just drove my Roadster last week, and bought one for his wife a few days ago. Electric Vehicles: Bet you can't drive just one!

3. ipdamages

ipdamages Roadster Sports 835 & 972

Indeed, Chad. It's funny - at first my wife wasn't a big EV proponent, but after driving mine for a week as a test of the value of carpool lane benefits to her commute, she was hooked and has been Tesla grinning ever since.

Congrats, Kent!

I expect that when the Gen 3 vehicle is released we will see widespread adoption and several two-Tesla garages. The Model S is a bit too big (wide) and expensive for many, and once those impediments are removed I see the dam breaking.

4. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

As a member of a two EV family, I agree on all fronts. My wife was also not a big EV proponent. Now she says "You just don't get the whole no-gas thing until you do it for a while. There's no way to really explain how nice it is." She also opted not to get a Model S mainly because it's too big. Like you said, Gen 3 will be a major tipping point.

5. jayfrost

jayfrost Member

Like ibcs (Kent) my family is the proud owner of the Tesla Trifecta! We have a Model S, Roadster and a reservation for our X. The problem is we have a one car garage. I cant believe that I may have to go buy a new house in order to accommodate my Tesla habit!
    (or convince my neighbor to sell me his garage!)

I am fairly certain that tonight, Kent and I were the only two roadsters to ever use the charging facilities that are located near my house. 5 EV Charging Stations sitting quietly by themselves, with two amazing cars parked next to each other. I feel foolish now as I didnt grab a pic!

J

6. PokerBroker

PokerBroker Member

Perhaps next time I should join you and make it three ;) Glad you guys are enjoying them, I had fun seeing them at the SC before delivery!

7. ibcs

ibcs Member

That sounds like a great idea. Remember we are going to do a Tesla roadster rally with the next Ohio Tesla Facebook get together.