TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roadster VIN482 Black/black on Ebay

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by pgwoosley, Jun 20, 2009.

1. pgwoosley

pgwoosley Member

Auction 120435468034
    Vin 482
    Starting price $132k with reserve
    Buy it now price $137k
    Menlo Park, CA
    Says credit "may be available"

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

The photos are just EP1. (Even using the shot with JB and Ahnold.)
    %21BUe3WEwB2k%7E$%28KGrHgoOKjsEjlLmWUfiBKNuH%295zL%21%7E%7E_3.JPG

4. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

I think the owner has paid in full and is just trying to get his money out of it.

If that is the case, maybe the owner never took official title and is just having Tesla store the car until a buyer is found. I don't think it is possible to offer the $7,500 federal tax credit on a used car.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Tesla will "store" a car for 7 days after they call for pickup. After that they charge rent.

6. SirGiles

SirGiles Member

This looks like a scam to me. Stock pictures. No FB for the last year. Poor description. All signs of a text book wire me the deposit type scam. I may be wrong, and I hope I am.

7. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Hopefully a buyer can check the VIN number with Tesla.

8. pgwoosley

pgwoosley Member

VIN 482 Back on EBay

Auction 120444833981
    $122,000 starting price with a reserve
    $137,000 buy it now price
    Mileage 58
    Advertised that the price includes CA license fee and sales tax, and federal rebate available.

If seriously considering this car, double check on the sales tax and rebate. If Tesla has turned in the Report of Sale to DMV, I would be dubious that sales or use tax would not be due again. (Vehicle license fee should be OK if you are in California.)

9. SirGiles

SirGiles Member

I checked carfax. The VIN is not recorded at any DMV as of 7/6.

Seems great caution should be exercised if you are thinking of buying this car.

I'm sure if you call Tesla they will have some 2008 demo/showroom cars going as they are now just starting to ship the 2010 models.

10. pgwoosley

pgwoosley Member

Another EBay auction for this car ended without any bids. (The staring price was $115k with a reserve, $132k buy it now price.)

11. BlackCar

BlackCar New Member

Hi All,

I see I have dropped the ball in terms of paying attention to the Club forum. So, yes, #482 has very low miles....one of those deals where you put down a deposit two years ahead of delivery, thinking your wife will love the car...and then she surprises you by wanting to stay with her current car. As to the "stock pictures" comment, guilty as charged as I was simply too lazy at the time to take pictures. In any event, the car was driven from the dealer to home and later exhibited at a car show near Stanford University. Otherwise, it's a virgin, now with 93 miles. On the Fed tax credit, since I realized we'd be selling the car, I bought it in an LLC. The purchaser will buy the LLC and therefore, come tax time, can apply for the credit (according to my tax advisor). So, no evil here...just trying to get out of a deal.

Regards,

Black Car