TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roadster vs Lotus Dashboard for CF pieces

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by bart513, Sep 21, 2014.

1. bart513

bart513 Member

Does anyone know if the Lotus Dash is the same as our Roadsters? I think that it is and I'm wanting to find interior CF pieces that might be less expensive than Tesla? Already have the door sills and Binnacle.

2. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

Most of the Dash appears to be the same, dash top, binnacle, and the middle vents section for only the 1.5, not 2.x where the 2 vent's are cut in half.

Door panels are different, door sills, and possibly the section forward of the sills that attach to the Dash.

Note: The problem with going with the Lotus CF parts, the CF weave will most likely be different and won't match that of the CF rollbar cover of the Tesla Roadster. Same with the inside, if you find other pieces for the Tesla the weave will be noticeably different.

3. bart513

bart513 Member

Good point. I wouldn't be comfortable with a different weave, although some people have suggested that I consider a weave for my scalp:p

4. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

Here are a few shots from two Lotus Elise's I got at the track today. It looks like like my 1.5
    20140922_151539.jpg 20140922_151557.jpg 20140922_152600.jpg 20140922_152614.jpg

5. jbadger

jbadger Roadster #506

I believe the two binnacle's and airbag cover are the same. The upper and lower sills are different. The top of the upper sill is the same, but the lotus has higher sills so it doesn't extend down as far as the Roadsters.

6. shrink

shrink Member

Would an Elise dash top fit in the Roadster? The reason I ask is because I'm planning to upgrade my 2.0 to a Double DIN. I have the two binnacle pieces but need the vents and to modify the dash top. I'm a bit hesitant to modify my existing dash top, so I was wondering if I can score an Elise one off eBay or something and modify that, if that might work.

7. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

8. bart513

bart513 Member

I'm not sure if the center vents are Double Din compatible?

9. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

You can order that double din center vent at Tesla, not sure if Lotus created one.

10. bart513

bart513 Member

jbadger,
    Are you still working on the CF pieces? I know you were doing lower door sills and exterior vents???

11. shrink

shrink Member

Awesome. Thanks. I just grabbed it.

bart513, I found a guy in Ohio who makes the CF pieces. I've been talking to him about modifying my dash for the Double-DIN conversion. After work today, I'll look up his info and send it to you via PM.

12. bart513

bart513 Member

Thanks shrink!!

13. jbadger

jbadger Roadster #506

No, it came out decently, but needed a little cleanup. With my 75 hour work weeks and lack of a real workspace, I discontinued the project.

14. Rik

Rik Member

i would be interested in contacting your CF connection as well

15. shrink

shrink Member

I have no affiliation with this company but am trying to work with them on modifying my 2.0 to a Double-DIN. He said they make just about every Roadster CF part. They are in Cincinnati. I think their webpage is their Facebook page.

I haven't worked with them yet, but they seem well reviewed and to know what they're doing. I'll post an update after the Double-DIN work is complete.

Chris Hundley
    Owner
    Concept:Carbon
    [email protected]

16. bart513

bart513 Member

I emailed and spoke with Chris. He sounded very nice but has not yet provided pics and price for his CF pieces. If anyone can post that info if they have it I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks!

17. shrink

shrink Member

I actually received an e-mail from Chris today. He and his staff are all in the National Guard so between those duties and car projects, communication is a bit slow at times. I don't have any prices on the CF pieces, but he modified that Lotus dash I bought very nicely:

image2.jpeg image.jpeg

18. bart513

bart513 Member

Looks great!