TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roadster vs Vehicle Sensors

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by TedK, Dec 24, 2007.

1. TedK

TedK Member

2. BlackbirdHighway

I had never thought about t, but with an aluminium frame and carbon fiber body, this probably will be a problem. Nice to know there is a solution.

Nice find, TedK.

3. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

I'm not sure how those sensors work, but if they are like a typical metal detector they should have no problem registering the Roadster's aluminum frame.

4. TedK

TedK Member

It only caught my attention because of the reference to ferrous metals, which are not exactly plentiful on the roadster.

5. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

And likely as not, that advertising blurb may have been written by someone who doesn't even known what ferrous means.

6. donauker

donauker Member

I have a feeling that they are correct on the ferrous metals issue. I have not had any problem when riding my older Honda Shadow with its steel frame and other components. But when riding my heavier Vectrix with its all aluminum frame, nickel metal hydride batteries and copper wound motor there are several sensor controlled intersections that will never change.