Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster w/150mi on Cars.com - probable scam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello hello,

Wanted to give you guys a heads up on this post:
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...pp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national&listType=3

contacted the seller, and she eventually responded with this:
Hello,

My 2008 Tesla Roadster is still for sale. The asking price is $60,500, please note this price doesn't include shipping taxes. It is located in London, United Kingdom, as I recently moved here with my job. Please note it is still registered in United States so there will be no import taxes or additional fees to pay. The car is registered on my name and the ownership is clear (no lien). It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time. It wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage. Also this is a non-smoker car.

Here are some info about my car: 8 Cylinder, Automatic, Convertible,
Black, Gasoline, 10,150 miles, VIN# 5YJRE11B881000482

The car was my husband`s as he loved it very much, but he did not enjoy it as he died in a IRAQ 3 month ago. It brings very bad memories to me, I want to get rid of it.

I want to use eBay Motors for closing this deal. If you are not aware of how they work you should know that they will allow you to test drive and inspect the car before me receiving any money. You will have a 5 days inspection period to decide whether you want to keep it or not before they release the funds to me.

If you're interested to purchase just email me with your full name, full shipping address include zip code and your phone number, so I can notify eBay Motors that you are selected as my buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

I look forward hearing from you.

I'm not willing to touch it since it's supposedly in London, but thought I would make sure the community's cautious about this.. looks pretty suspicious, plus she says it's an 8cylinder with a gas engine?? sounds like a copy paste from another scam. She'll probably want a "deposit" to reserve the car for me.

Previous #482 threads:

482-on-Ebay

[URL="http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/2932-Roadster-VIN482-Black-black-on-Ebay"]Roadster-VIN482-Black-black-on-Ebay[/URL]

For-Sale-New-Jet-Black-on-Black-Tesla-Roadster

- - - Updated - - -

Same photo seen here:
http://woodside.saintclassified.com...ur-vehicle-sold-automotive-web-sites-ad-47359
Listed by CLASSYAUTO.COM Vehicle Listing Service - Get your vehicle sold fast list with the largest eBay Trading Assistant and lots of automotive web sites like this one with just one quick call to our people in a friendly 800-320-9557 or visit ClassyAuto. Com. 2008 Tesla Roadster, Black, 150 miles. 2008 Tesla Roadster. New in June 2009 delivery to Menlo Park, California store. A rare opportunity for immediate delivery than a thousand new Tesla Roadster. Is fully equipped with the features of the car installments, including the color black with Jet Premium Interior black, complete package for the electronics, stereo upgrade with a navigation system built-in, Sirius Satellite Radio, Bluetooth and 7 Premium sound system loudspeakers, high strength main charging connector The mobile charger, solar glass guard, and floor mats custom Tesla Motors. 4 year warranty included, sale price $ 109,000 ($ 21,000 less than the cost of the new car) in the range Mile 240. Please contact: Robert at 877-392-2891 (Bob) or visit ClassyAuto.com Falkenberg for similar vehicles from private sellers.

http://nationalvehicle.com/v/Tesla+Roadster/Warranty/84521
2008 Tesla Roadster Warranty, Black, 150 Miles
2008 Tesla Roadster. New June 2009 Delivery To The Menlo Park, Ca Store. Rare Opportunity To Take Instant Delivery Of A New Tesla Roadster. The Roadster Is Fully Equipped With Premium Features Including Premium Jet Black Color With Black Interior, Full Electronics Package, Upgraded Stereo With Integrated Navigation System, Sirius Satellite Radio, Bluetooth And 7 Speaker Premium Sound System, High Power Home Charging Connector And Mobile Charger, Solar Guard Windshield, And Tesla Motors Custom Floor Mats. 4 Year Warranty Included, Priced $21,000 below new car cost. 240 Mile Range.
For Sale By Owner
Robert (Bob)
Phone: 877-392-2891
Listing ID: 84521
Woodside, CA 94062

Note, that 877-392-2891 phone number shows up on all sorts of internet listings for a variety of vehicles (including hot-rods, RVs, etc.) and shows different names and locations associated with the same number.

Its in my will that if I die, I am to be buried with my Roadster. If I find out my wife "got rid of my beloved car for cheap", I will come back to haunt her until that 6th Sense kid can send me packing.

The car was my husband`s as he loved it very much, but he did not enjoy it as he died in a IRAQ 3 month ago. It brings very bad memories to me, I want to get rid of it.

I suggest that anyone considering that car inspect it first.

P0482--5YJRE11B881000482-wreckyard.jpg

I came across this while going thru the TMC.
I saw this exact car at Copart auction sold for $17,900 w/ 7895 miles on it. Buyer (dealer) states that he has purchased this car with unseen but has won it in the auction. He is interested in selling this car after I inquired.
I am a very much " newbee" in Tesla cars. Could anyone guide me on this wether this is a scam or real?
Should I even look in to it in buying?
Any help is appreciated.

I came across this while going thru the TMC.
I saw this exact car at Copart auction sold for $17,900 w/ 7895 miles on it. Buyer (dealer) states that he has purchased this car with unseen but has won it in the auction. He is interested in selling this car after I inquired.
I am a very much " newbee" in Tesla cars. Could anyone guide me on this wether this is a scam or real?
Should I even look in to it in buying?
Any help is appreciated.

It's at Copart again:
Copart

I think it's just some car to get people to copart, since it has been for auction for like 50 times or so and it's still there^^

supercarnut03, that car has been rotting for quite a while. The likelihood that the battery is bricked is 99.999999%. A new battery will set you back about $38,000. Add in the costs of the other repairs (which won't be cheap) and you can decide whether or not you think it's a good idea to consider buying it.