Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Window Shade ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Roadster Window Shading Ideas

I discovered that the roadster's cabin heats rather fast when sitting outside on sunny days due to its compact size. I purchased at my local automotive store a two piece front window sun protector that works perfectly on the roadster. The two piece is key and it tucks behind the seat very well when folded. Next I had to find a side window shading solution. I ordered off amazon.com a retractable "dreambaby" window shade: Amazon.com: Dreambaby Wide Car Window Shade, Black: Baby

This was the only shade I could find that had a similar width to the roadsters.

This also works fantastic as well and also tucks behind the seat in a very compact manner. It mounts to the window with two suction cups that actually work and don't loose their cling which is good. Both of the above solutions greatly reduced the cabin temperature when out in the sun and inexpensive as well. I may pick up another side window shade to avoid switching sides throughout the day as the sun passes over. I believe Amazon sells the two pack of the side baby shades as well, don't know if the dimensions are the same as the single.

IMG_5055.JPG

IMG_5056.JPG

IMG_5054.JPG

Last edited:
I see you have the hard top. When I come back to the car after it's been parked in the sun on a hot day I just take the cloth top off. I also have the Taylor mesh top for use when appropriate. (Hot sunny days when there's ZERO chance of rain, if we're talking about leaving it parked, or any time I'm driving on a hot sunny day.)