Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster windshield availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

I just got a windshield replaced today and it took seven months for them to find one.
This concerns me. I searched TMC for past posts about whether or not the Lotus Elise windshield fits the Roadster and couldn't find any information. I assume it does not?

How much did Tesla charge you for a new Roadster windshield and install? I don't need a new windshield yet. Just got a 9mm crack (from a rock impact) drilled and filled and it is almost unnoticeable. But with about 35K miles on my car there are lots of tiny pits in the glass (just like I have had on every car I have ever owned) and someday I would like to replace it.

Thanks.

This concerns me. I searched TMC for past posts about whether or not the Lotus Elise windshield fits the Roadster and couldn't find any information. I assume it does not?

How much did Tesla charge you for a new Roadster windshield and install? I don't need a new windshield yet. Just got a 9mm crack (from a rock impact) drilled and filled and it is almost unnoticeable. But with about 35K miles on my car there are lots of tiny pits in the glass (just like I have had on every car I have ever owned) and someday I would like to replace it.

Thanks.
That is a great question. Availability is a concern for me too. I have had 3 small chips filled, and the next one will probably lead me to finally seek a replacement. Given all the dirt roads here in VT, it won't be long—maybe I should start looking now!

Thanks.

Hmmm, this sounds familiar. This was your thread too.

Windshield replacement

How much did Tesla charge you for a new Roadster windshield and install?.
Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 3.06.18 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Perhaps check with the sellers of this car? It's near you in Walnut Creek. While it would be preferable if someone could save it (@josh-io, care to take on another project?), if they're willing to part it out, let us know so the vultures can descend. I call dibs on the inlet charging port!

At an $18K purchase price, it is hard to justify. $18K becomes $20K with tax and shipping. Add $30K for a new battery and we're at $50K before even starting repairs, which will probably run another $20-30K. That's $70-80K.