Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster won't charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all -

sorry to admit, but first time I am posting sth here is actually a request for help / hints re. a problem I am facing.

My roadster wont' charge.

I parked the car with very little mileage left (approx. 20 mi). Tried to charge it last night, but it simply wouldn't. When I open the charge port door, it is solid white, I plug in the connector to the wall outlet (230V, 13A) in my garage. The screen says "preparing to charge", but nothing further happens. The screen properly reads the voltage, but says zero amps, so there is no current.

What can I do, anyone had this problem also?

Thanks a million.

slum

When i had that problem recently, it turned out to be a single bad cell on one of the 11 battery sheets. No fix other than have the sheet replaced or juper around the bad cell (minimal impact on range). However, with no one on the east coast of the US offering that service (shops out West do), I am currently waiting for a new battery. Tesla said it would be 8-12 months from when I got on the wait list a couple months ago...

I hope you have an easier to fix issue!

Thanks, so do I. I inhibited APS now and will have it towed tomorrow. Apparently the APS was bad and so the basic power the car always needs was drawn from the main battery, which now has a SOC of 0%.... If I was religious I'd probably start praying now... :rolleyes:

Thanks, so do I. I inhibited APS now and will have it towed tomorrow. Apparently the APS was bad and so the basic power the car always needs was drawn from the main battery, which now has a SOC of 0%.... If I was religious I'd probably start praying now... :rolleyes:
Did you pull the plug on the battery? The service connector is in the left rear wheel well and can be reached from the trunk if you have a thin arm. I can pull and replace mine. It will preserve whatever power is still in the battery and prevent further vampire drain.

Tesla have an emulator to allow charging, it won’t give all the answers but it gets the pack charged while they figure out what’s causing the fault. That may be as far as they can go depending on expertise at the SC but I’d take a car with a hood pack needing something major over a dead pack right now.