Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadsters seen in movies

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
We have various threads mentioning sightings of Roadsters in Movies.
I am summarizing them here.

WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR?:
wktec1.jpg

REVENGE OF THE ELECTRIC CAR:
roetc.jpg

IRON MAN:
ironman2.jpg

REAL STEEL:
rsteel.jpg

LOOPER:
looper2.jpg

ST TRINIANS 2:
st2.jpg

LITTLE FOKKERS:
fokkers1.jpg

ATLAS SHRUGGED 2:
atlas1.jpg

SAVAGES:
savages1.jpg

savages2.jpg

Roadster in the movie REAL STEEL
Roadster in movie LOOPER
Roadster in SAVAGES

IMCDB Tesla search

Last edited:
Nice work TEG. Would the TV list version include review show like TpGr?

also, "What is the Electric Car"

They were looking for a Roadster on Atlas Shrugged part II.

The Model S was in RotEC too!

Was watching tonight with my wife "a holiday engagement" (yeah, yeah) saw a Roadster right at the beginning of the movie

It's throughout the movie (Shelly Long's character mentions it several times in the movie. One of the characters won it in a golf tournament.)

Also, important to note that Elon's sister is a producer for that movie (It's a TV Movie, watched it with my wife as well, we were watching light rom-coms on Hallmark and Lifetime.) She spotted the Roadster first (she IS the Roadster driver in the family.)

Likely two separate cars. The first one has a signature emblem that I don't see on the second. You could custom order any color that Lotus had available. I'm told there was one "purple" Roadster here in Austin; this may be "purple."

No, I think it is the same car.
The emblem is for "Sport" (not Signature.)
It is an early 2010 Roadster Sport 2.0, but has been updated along the way to have newer parts including 2.5 bodywork, backup camera, etc.
I think it was first painted a copper color, then repainted in a (nearly) unique "Candy Apple Red" AKA "Twilight Red" that was custom. I say "nearly" because Toyota CEO liked it so much that a 2nd (right hand drive) was done in that custom color to give to him as a gift. I don't think it is a "standard" Lotus color.

Toyota president Akio Toyoda gets free Tesla Roadster at Tokyo store opening
toyoda-and-musk-630.jpg

( The USA one in the videos still has the 2.0 black forged wheels, not the newer 2.5 "pinwheels". )

By the way, that "purple" Roadster you mentioned was a Lotus "Aubergine" paint, maybe one of a kind, sold to someone in Hollywood, CA recently.
Very different color...
aub1.png

( Built approx 58 cars after the "Candy Apple Red" one...)

Here is another old pic of the one I think is in the video (before it had sport badges affixed, and what I think is that same one that got 2.5 bodywork later.)
686-e.png

I think the color is similar to the "Signature Red" they offered on the first batch of Model S production.
sig1.png

(They end up looking slightly magenta under some lighting.)

Last edited: