Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla road trip to Lansing. Fingers crossed all my charging goes smoothly! The plan is to charge at St.Joseph, then at fellow friend/Tesla owner's house in Lansing. I will admit to feeling some range anxiety. This is a new supercharger trip for me.

I predict at the end of the trip, you will no longer have range anxiety & instead will talk about 'range confidence'. :) Seriously, the first trip away from the mother ship is a bit anxiety-inducing for many. Once you do it & realize you can, you'll be fine.

Report back!

Thanks. I've done a bunch of trips to the Normal, IL and then on to various locations from there with ease. This one makes me nervous because the distances between charges is about 150 miles, which on paper seems fine, but with a lead foot & a Tesla, well, you owners know :)

I'm back. It went splendidly. I had more than enough miles to get to St.Joseph, had lunch for an hour, drove to Lansing. I even charged at the movie theater (non supercharger) which I have never done before. I met another Tesla owner in St.Joseph on my way home today. Nice guy traveling from Detroit with his family. Range anxiety gone!

I'm back. It went splendidly. I had more than enough miles to get to St.Joseph, had lunch for an hour, drove to Lansing. I even charged at the movie theater (non supercharger) which I have never done before. I met another Tesla owner in St.Joseph on my way home today. Nice guy traveling from Detroit with his family. Range anxiety gone!

Thanks, that would be me :)
I was able to do the 190 miles from Detroit to the supercharger at 70 mph with 4 bodies and luggage with 8 miles to spare - so no concerns in the warm(er) weather. It is a challenge, however, going to the Normal supercharger (140 miles for me) in the winter at speeds >55 mph.