Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

roadway challenges

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i've had more than a few cars slide up to me at stops, or even in the middle of the freeway, and after a moment of gawking rev and rev to get me to race them. today was a red aston martin (gorgeous) that dogged me from behind really close on my tail, i gave him a few mins to chill out before i'd had enough and punched out ahead, changing lanes (at 95 on the 101 freeway...). he was caught behind a couple cars with that maneuver, but what did i see a minute later but this red car sidle up to me and pace. the driver didn't look over when i tried to diffuse the moment and just smile... he had a VERY smug look on his face.. lol, the seriousness out there is laughable. he moved away rapidly but i didn't bite. i'm secure in my manhood, don't need to zig zag around cars endangering others..

the other day though, late evening, i had a bmw motorcycle whine up my butt on the freeway on-ramp and rev to what must have been 12k behind me. i humored him and punched out into the empty roadway making it to 90 or so rather swiftly. he roared and kept right behind and to the side of me and around 110 i let him pass, which he was gonna do anyway! s is fast, but it ain't outrunning no 1100cc bmw cycle. lol.

anyhoo. funny how aggressive ice-ers are being about this car. something to prove i guess..... :)

stay safe.

What I don't particularly like is the people who tailgate you trying to read the make of car off your bumper. I've had the same problem with the Roadster and Model S. I almost wish the TESLA logo was easier to read.
How 'bout this?
Tailgating1.jpg

And perhaps temporarily...
Tailgating2.jpg

That looks a lot like an airport to me.

They delivered the first Sigs at a hanger at the Toronto Pearson International Airport. It kinda is like a prison. I leave nearby, and was prowling around to see what I could see and there are high fences, security gates and whatnot. Because I was not picking up a car, I chickened out when I got to what looked like a security checkpoint and turned around!

Not sure if it's just new car paranoia or real, but these first few days of driving my Model S have felt like it is a serious tailgate magnet. It feels like so many people zoom up and ride my tail to check out the car. Soooo annoying, unnerving, and dangerous. Plus, I don't think they fully realize just how fast the Model S can stop and how expensive it would be to repair if they rear-ended it.

Doug it is good you brought he car to the prison. Very nice. Or, wait, did they bring the car to you so you could visit with it?

Funny guy!

That looks a lot like an airport to me.

That's exactly what it looks like - Toronto Pearson International Airport. They rented a hangar for the delivery event. A little bit bigger than the service center (nearby).

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if it's just new car paranoia or real, but these first few days of driving my Model S have felt like it is a serious tailgate magnet.

It is. Whenever that happens to me I back off on my own following distance, so there's enough time for the idiot behind me to react if something happens ahead of me.

When people tailgate a Model S, you can have some great fun. Get to where you have plenty of open road ahead of you, slam your brakes suddenly while watching the rear camera, when they get about a foot away from you as they frantically try to stop, punch that instant acceleration and zoom off about 10 yards, then repeat. They won't come near you again.

Not sure if it's just new car paranoia or real, but these first few days of driving my Model S have felt like it is a serious tailgate magnet. It feels like so many people zoom up and ride my tail to check out the car. Soooo annoying, unnerving, and dangerous. Plus, I don't think they fully realize just how fast the Model S can stop and how expensive it would be to repair if they rear-ended it.
Interesting. I haven't had much trouble with this in Belluvue/Redmond/Sammamish. Perhaps it's my lead foot (acc. to the forum feedback on my kW consumption) keeping them at bay.