Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Robyn Denholm Named Chair of Tesla Board

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla’s Board of Directors announced that Robyn Denholm has been appointed as Chair of the Tesla Board.

Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk gave up his chairman title under the terms of a settlement with the Securities and Exchange Commission related to fraud charges.

Denholm will be leaving her role as CFO and Head of Strategy at Telstra, Australia’s largest telecommunications company, in six months to serve as Tesla Chair on a full-time basis.

“To ensure a smooth transition during the remainder of Robyn’s time at Telstra, Elon will be a resource to Robyn and provide any support that she requests in her role as Chair,” Tesla said in a release. “Robyn will continue to provide the necessary focus and time to Telstra during the remainder of her time there, and she will also temporarily step down as Chair of Tesla’s Audit Committee until she leaves Telstra.”

Denholm has served on the Tesla Board as an independent director since 2014. Her experience includes leadership roles at technology companies, including Telstra, Juniper Networks, and Sun Microsystems. Her experience also includes numerous finance management roles in the automotive industry while at Toyota.

“I believe in this company, I believe in its mission and I look forward to helping Elon and the Tesla team achieve sustainable profitability and drive long-term shareholder value,” Denholm said in a release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Christine69420
I'm intrigued as to how Robyn Denholm will be able to effect any greater control or restraint over Elon Musk in the role of Chair of the Board, than she did in her last four years as a member of the Board, and Chair of the Audit Committee.

It has the feel of compliance with the letter of the agreement, while ignoring the spirit. Which is probably unsurprising, given tweets like the "Shortseller Enrichment Commission".

I wonder what difference having Robyn Denholm as Chair of the Board will actually make, going forward.

com·pli·ance
/kəmˈplīəns/
noun
  1. 1.
    the action or fact of complying with a wish or command.
    "they must secure each other's cooperation or compliance"

2. 2.
    PHYSICS
    the property of a material of undergoing elastic deformation or (of a gas) change in volume when subjected to an applied force. It is equal to the reciprocal of stiffness.

Compliance has no spirit. It is a wish or command, they did what they were told to do by the government.

I'm just pissed that they didn't accept my application!

Reactions: MitchMitch
I'm intrigued as to how Robyn Denholm will be able to effect any greater control or restraint over Elon Musk in the role of Chair of the Board, than she did in her last four years as a member of the Board, and Chair of the Audit Committee.

It has the feel of compliance with the letter of the agreement, while ignoring the spirit. Which is probably unsurprising, given tweets like the "Shortseller Enrichment Commission".

I wonder what difference having Robyn Denholm as Chair of the Board will actually make, going forward.
None, I hope. She can't nor shouldn't fire him. It was disgraceful for the SEC to bring charges against him in the first place. He should have been able to bankrupt the shorts. I agree completely with the tag: "Shortsellers Enrichment Commission". Short selling, borrowing shares and buying on margin have absolutely corrupted the stock market. It's not for investors now, it's for gambling addicts too lazy to go to Atlantic City or Vegas.

com·pli·ance
/kəmˈplīəns/
noun
  1. 1.
    the action or fact of complying with a wish or command.
    "they must secure each other's cooperation or compliance"
  2. 2.
    PHYSICS
    the property of a material of undergoing elastic deformation or (of a gas) change in volume when subjected to an applied force. It is equal to the reciprocal of stiffness.

Compliance has no spirit. It is a wish or command, they did what they were told to do by the government.

I'm just pissed that they didn't accept my application!

Compliance may not have a spirit. The agreement certainly did.

My guess is that she will mostly be Elon Musk's marionette.