TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Rochester NY Supercharger Updates

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Tedkidd, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Tedkidd

Tedkidd Member

So the new version of Supercharger | Tesla Motors shows that in 2015 Rochester is getting a Supercharger! Kind of surprised nobody has started a thread on this yet!

Pretty cool for us folks who live in Rochester, though with Buffalo and Syracuse chargers I'm not sure how useful/what hole it fills for travelers.

I'd like to see one down around Painted Post as that's the route to NYC, Philly, Baltimore, DC and points South that many in Western NY would prefer, and there is a big SC hole in North Central PA, but even 2016 doesn't show one there.

Hopefully there'll be one by the time I get my model 3!

2. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

Ach, Corning/Painted Post would be glorious, but we can't even get Erie yet, so I wouldn't bet on seeing Corning, well, *ever*.

3. gimmi80

gimmi80 Member

I'm in for the Rochester supercharger.
    Victor seems to be the ideal location.

4. Tedkidd

Tedkidd Member

Lol. Of course you do! I find myself using the charge point at North Face, wondering why its not over near the movie theater and mall...

I suspect the Supercharger will be closer to the 90/390 interchange.

5. xrayangiodoc

xrayangiodoc Member

Could be that Tesla wants to eliminate range anxiety in the dead of winter when energy use tends to increase up to 30%. I wouldn't mind juicing up to 90% before I return to Amherst after visiting my Son and his family in Fairport during the winter! Don't take the 2015 timeline as engraved on tablets. Buffalo was originally set for 2014 but only got permitted in Nov. 2014 and didn't open up until a week ago. I'd much rather see progress on the Erie, PA Supercharger. That gap to Macedonia from Buffalo is a real challenge in the winter!

6. Tedkidd

Tedkidd Member

I was thinking the same thing about that one. You wanna start that thread?

7. jrreno

jrreno Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile

Erie, PA Supercharger Updates

- - - Updated - - -

Where near that interchange are there the amenities similar to what is available at Eastview?

8. Tedkidd

Tedkidd Member

thanks!
    Marketplace mall, Lehigh and West Henrietta roads, East Henrietta and Jefferson roads, Jay Scutti plaza, Home Depot plaza, Genesee Valley Market, Henrietta plaza, Cohoes commons - all seem suitable and close to 390 and the Thruway.

Eastview really only serves local people headed East or returning to the east side of town better than a SC at 390/thruway. And it's way out of the way for folks coming from the South or Rochester headed West, or folks from the West headed South or to Rochester,

9. jrreno

The Tesla Supercharger map has a "coming soon" for Erie in the Today tab but the Rochester red dot only shows up on the 2016 tab.

10. silverp85+

silverp85+ Member

#10 silverp85+, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    I have a nephew that goes to school in geneseo, this would be amazing!

also if the Syracuse chargers are down as an example, Rochester would be great especially in the winter when traveling from Binghamton to buffalo.

this winter when I got my p85+ (cpo) I was still in summer tires and my wife wanted to get buffalo wings. I suggested we go to buffalo just for the hell of it because the weather was great.... until we got about 40 miles from buffalo and my wife said "this is bad with no winter tires". I couldn't go back because there are no chargers in Rochester to turn around so we went forward to buffalo chargers. thank god it stopped snowing or we would have been in serious trouble with 21 inch summer tires.

yes I checked the weather and it was supposed to be sunny all the way there... upstate ny weather.....

11. xrayangiodoc

xrayangiodoc Member

Several months after I asked, my son seems ready to move ahead on having a NEMA 14-50 outlet installed in his garage at his place in Fairport so I can conveniently juice up when we visit. I'll reimburse him for his costs. Bet I see the outlet before we see a blue dot for the Rochester Supercharger.

12. jrreno

I don't think you'll get anyone to take that bet. My daughter in Walworth had a 14-50 installed before we even took delivery.

13. JeffVanEpps

JeffVanEpps Member

I'd rather have a Service Center in Rochester than a supercharger, but I'll take both. No sign of either one yet.

14. jrreno

+1 to the service center!

15. DFiveK2

DFiveK2 Member

+2. At this point I'd be happy with Schneiderman calling off the wolves on either tesla or uber.

16. jrreno

The Rochester Supercharger has disappeared from the 2016 Tesla Supercharger map.

• Informative x 1
  17. xrayangiodoc

xrayangiodoc Member

Even more glad my son is having a NEMA 14-50 put in.

18. PatD

PatD Member

Sure has. That's a big open space through that part of NY up from PA, even at the end of 2016.

19. jrreno

And of course it has now been added back. Just another slip in Tesla "communications".

• Informative x 1
  20. xrayangiodoc

xrayangiodoc Member

I just checked and it is NOT there!