Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rock chip, is this worth it to fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
I just noticed this little chip on my windshield. Is this at risk of spreading bigger?

TIA.

Attachments

• C2486D4E-C537-4574-A157-4E2CD4753B50.jpeg
    C2486D4E-C537-4574-A157-4E2CD4753B50.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 196
And you know that within a day of getting the chip filled, a truck will drop a wrench off the flatbed which will scare the liver out of your wife. Happened to us, but we were only a few miles from Tesla Service, and they fixed it while we waited. I was just glad it missed the hood and roof glass, but it sure made a mess of the window. This is why we have insurance!!

Reactions: Imlearning
Upvote 0
That does seem very small. Shortly after having a slightly larger chip repaired I was amazed to find the entire screen pockmarked with even tinier chips at about 150 cm intervals that are visible in the sun but not otherwise. Around that time I had had a period of very frequent long Automate trips in some pretty [oxy weather. Now I don't know whether I should get the entire screen replaced or -- more to the point -- whether my insurance will cover it after fixing the individual chip.

Upvote 0
Not that this will help you with yours well maybe the amazon kit will. but something new for me I had a huge rock come up from the oncoming lane and hit my new M3LR I even ducked when saw it coming. Safelight said they couldn't fix it so I picked up some cerium oxide. It worked really really well. I was inspired and picked up a kit on amazon for a more serious chip on my mini. And that worked really nice as well. I'm really impressed buffing with the cerium oxide I may do my whole windshield on my 2010 mini.

before.jpg

1655517691782.png

after.jpg

1655516874623.png

1655517531668.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Baluchi
Upvote 0