Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rock chip on roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a rock chip on my roof, small, about the size of a dime. I'm getting conflicting information from my searches. Can I use a windshield repair guy to fill it up with resin, or is the pano roof material different?

Photo's a bit dark right now. Will try tomorrow in the sunlight.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 121
I got a rock chip on my roof, small, about the size of a dime. I'm getting conflicting information from my searches. Can I use a windshield repair guy to fill it up with resin, or is the pano roof material different?

Photo's a bit dark right now. Will try tomorrow in the sunlight.
I would imagine that you could fill it like a windshield chip. It is still glass. That being said Im not sure if it will stand out more due to the tint level of the roof though.

I had the same problem - used a windshield guy (he's worked on my cars in the past). He warned me that the repair may be visible depending on where it is on the roof. Mine was near the outer part of the roof - very close to the door. The repair is visible if you're looking for it, but mostly it's not noticeable. The darker areas of the roof may show more - the resin tends to be lighter in color and could show against the darker areas of roof glass. If it's near the edge, like mine, not a big deal. Regardless, he encouraged me to fix the area - the roof it quite expensive to replace if the ding expands. A windshield repair on the roof, done properly, is likely a lifetime fix.

Last edited: