Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rock chips one day before my PPF appointment...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I took delivery of my Model 3 it came with some rock chips on the front, I don’t know how. Tesla sent me to a approved body shop to repaint it and it cost a couple hundred dollars. This is in CAD but I’d assume it’s cheaper to paint than replace.

Yesterday was a windy day...Got 2 rock chips on my front bumper cover. Does anyone know how much to replace the cover? If not too expensive, guess I will just leave it as is and wait for 2 years to replace and PPF it

No need to replace the plastic cover, just touch-up the chips!
PPF people should be able to do it for you "while you are in there".

Reactions: chrisb8s
I had a rock chip on my blue TM3 on the lower lip. actually, it was more like an indention in the plastic. I didn't see it until the wrap was already on, and it ended up manifesting itself as a "bubble" in the PPF. I was seriously upset but the PPF was already on. I let it go and honestly don't even notice it any longer (it has gone down some). Yeah, it sucks, but the only reason I'm posting is in the end, I am SUPER glad I didn't spend 800-ish to fix. It's worse on my car since I have a dark color, and I'll bet on a white car you won't even be able to see it. Of course all this depends on the size of the indentation/chip.