Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rock Magnet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems as if our Model 3 gets an inordinate number of rock strikes while driving. We've already got 3 dings in the windshield, and there have been countless hits elsewhere. Anyone else experience this? Is it aerodynamics? Coincidence? Are we just lucky? Weird.

It seems as if our Model 3 gets an inordinate number of rock strikes while driving. We've already got 3 dings in the windshield, and there have been countless hits elsewhere. Anyone else experience this? Is it aerodynamics? Coincidence? Are we just lucky? Weird.

Low profile cars are certainly more susceptible compared to something like an SUV.
FWIW - My last 2 new cars were higher profile crossovers and they both got their windshields whacked in the first couple of weeks, too. :mad:

For me it’s just crappy luck. I’m on my 3rd windshield with my Subaru Outback. Fortunately they’re only about $300 or so to replace. I even had road debris kicked up by another vehicle on an overpass and hit mine. So, yeah bad luck for me. :(

If the rock strikes seem to affect the paint abnormally much see the threads about Model 3 paint being possibly softer than in many cars:

Model 3 paint wearing off