Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rocker Panel Repair Results

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had repair done to my right quarter panel and right rear passenger door by a Tesla approved body shop. They repainted the rocker panel in the process and the result was a rough bumpy texture, which is pretty visible even from a few feet away. They mentioned that Tesla has special equipment that they couldn't replicate and they offered to the opposite side so that it would match. Can anyone provide any insight or input on this?
20210917_155209.jpg

20210917_155152.jpg

This paint texture on rocker panels is quite common. My 2018 Audi had it - I think it's better at deflecting rocks and mitigating chips?
Ok but this is not how the Model 3 came from the factory. This was repainted by a body shop that is claiming they cannot achieve the same results as Tesla. I'm looking for insight for anyone who also had any rocker panel repair or can speak to the validity of this shop's claim.

There isnt any way I would accept that, nor would I accept "put that same thing on the other side of the car". If they are a tesla approved body shop, how is it that they can not "replicate" what the car came with?

That doesnt pass the smell test. Either they are not tesla approved, or they can get the appropriate parts to repair, or, what they are offering is based on a pricepoint for the repair vs "what the car came with".