Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rocket Simulations With Quantum Computing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am new to ALL this stuff so forgive me because this might be a stupid question. I was just wondering if SpaceX is investing in rapidly optimizing/functionalizing quantum computing so that they can run mass simulations simultaneously? Since Jordi Rose founder of D-Wave is working with NASA and so is SpaceX I was just curious if they were working together yet to advance and accelerate this mission to Mars?o_O

SpaceX is at the cutting edge of most new technologies. If it works, they will probably use it. Elon is very involved in advanced AI computing and fighting for regulations and oversight of AI. I also know that Steve Jurvetson, a Tesla and SpaceX board member, is involved in quantum computing. So if it works then I'm sure it's being used. This series of videos gives a good idea of the business culture at SpaceX:

SpaceX - Dan Rasky - YouTube

Quantum computing is still in the very very early stage of research. It cannot be used for such applications yet and in the foreseeable future.

Not only that, but physical simulations & design work aren't really the target application for quantum computing. As I understand it, they're initially looking at cryptography & communications. NASA tends to get involved in all sorts of technology side projects. SpaceX is much more focused.