Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rockford, IL Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some pics from the progress of the Rockford superchargers.
12-74595AB1-1463021-1280.jpg
IMAG0287.jpg
IMAG0288.jpg
IMAG0289.jpg

Looks like there is another one scheduled for the Tomah / Camp Douglas / New Lisbon area next. Anyone have any info on this? No high end malls in that part of the world so what is the strategy there?

Took a test drive yesterday in Oak Brook and as a gear head I can say it is a good car. Fast and so quiet. Impressive engineering. Need to get off the fence and commit. AWD and i would be done.

I heard from the Tesla service center that the one in Eau Claire, WI would be online by October. With the J1772 municipal charge station in Sparta, WI, it means Minneapolis to Chicago is possible when both of these stations are up. Exciting to see the map fill in.

Looks like there is another one scheduled for the Tomah / Camp Douglas / New Lisbon area next. Anyone have any info on this? No high end malls in that part of the world so what is the strategy there?

Took a test drive yesterday in Oak Brook and as a gear head I can say it is a good car. Fast and so quiet. Impressive engineering. Need to get off the fence and commit. AWD and i would be done.

Oh that's awesome. I'm hoping to go to the Packers / Vikings game in Minneapolis and would love to take the MS.

Looks like I was wrong. Next one is in Madison area at East Towne Mall of 90. Part of the partenrship with CBL Properties. Believe Brookfield near Milwaukee is also being bid out as well.

I really didn't think we'd see one in the Metro Milwaukee area for quite some time.. Every neighboring city is close enough to not need it. Chicago ~70-100 miles, Madison ~75 miles, Green Bay ~120 miles. Minneapolis is the only long shot, but a Supercharger in Tomah would be perfect for making that trip.

Even Chicago to Madison or Green Bay wouldn't require a stop in Milwaukee for a charge. I heard rumor of one being planned in Sheboygan about 45 minutes north of Milwaukee, but that was just hearsay from a Tesla customer service rep by phone who was just looking at the map. No more info that what we can see online right now.

Not sure. The earlier CBL announcement covered only a few locations. The source on East Towne mall is good and legitimate. It also fits in with the framework- location close to highway, near stuff to do and CBL wants to have Tesla owners shop their malls.

I really didn't think we'd see one in the Metro Milwaukee area for quite some time.. Every neighboring city is close enough to not need it. Chicago ~70-100 miles, Madison ~75 miles, Green Bay ~120 miles. Minneapolis is the only long shot, but a Supercharger in Tomah would be perfect for making that trip.

Even Chicago to Madison or Green Bay wouldn't require a stop in Milwaukee for a charge. I heard rumor of one being planned in Sheboygan about 45 minutes north of Milwaukee, but that was just hearsay from a Tesla customer service rep by phone who was just looking at the map. No more info that what we can see online right now.

I was really happy to see that one will be going in in the Milwaukee area for a couple of reasons. My grandmother lives in Milwaukee so it makes it easy to visit her. And my husbands folks live in the UP on the Wisconsin border so having on in Milwaukee will make traveling to his folks easy.

ITEM 1:
Model X will have AWD as an Option.
Model S will probably roll out AWD Option soon after RHD models are revealed for shipment to England, Hong Kong: so if AWD is the only thing holding you back, start selecting the rest of the Options and finishes for your Model S.

TM already has a lot on their plate with Supercharger openings, new Option Offerings for Model S.

ITEM 2:
Has anyone been to Rockford to see if charging is operational and available, prior to OFFICIAL Opening this Thursday?
If so, please advise and post pics.

Last edited: