TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Rockford, IL Supercharger

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by jvonbokel, Jun 24, 2013.

1. elecblue

elecblue Member

Singapore (for next 2 years) previously Chicago, I
    Holy Scnikeys Batman! That is just around the corner!

2. elecblue

elecblue Member

Singapore (for next 2 years) previously Chicago, I
    Here are some pics from the progress of the Rockford superchargers. 12-74595AB1-1463021-1280.jpg IMAG0287.jpg IMAG0288.jpg IMAG0289.jpg

3. Wattson

Wattson Member

Went to the site myself for Labor Day fun, same status as elecblue's photos.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

4. Luder94

Luder94 Member

I love the location. Set the car up for charge and walk over to get myself a 7-layer burrito!!!

I hope there's something ceremonial planned for opening this location!

5. mf66

mf66 Member

Looks like there is another one scheduled for the Tomah / Camp Douglas / New Lisbon area next. Anyone have any info on this? No high end malls in that part of the world so what is the strategy there?

Took a test drive yesterday in Oak Brook and as a gear head I can say it is a good car. Fast and so quiet. Impressive engineering. Need to get off the fence and commit. AWD and i would be done.

6. mf66

mf66 Member

Stopped by this am. 4 trucks with guys working. They said work would be completed by Saturday.

7. rdrcrmatt

rdrcrmatt Member

Oh that's awesome. I'm hoping to go to the Packers / Vikings game in Minneapolis and would love to take the MS.

8. mf66

mf66 Member

Looks like I was wrong. Next one is in Madison area at East Towne Mall of 90. Part of the partenrship with CBL Properties. Believe Brookfield near Milwaukee is also being bid out as well.

9. Cheerose

Cheerose Member

That wasn't one of the initial locations given back in June -- has there been any announcement on future locations?

10. rdrcrmatt

rdrcrmatt Member

I really didn't think we'd see one in the Metro Milwaukee area for quite some time.. Every neighboring city is close enough to not need it. Chicago ~70-100 miles, Madison ~75 miles, Green Bay ~120 miles. Minneapolis is the only long shot, but a Supercharger in Tomah would be perfect for making that trip.

Even Chicago to Madison or Green Bay wouldn't require a stop in Milwaukee for a charge. I heard rumor of one being planned in Sheboygan about 45 minutes north of Milwaukee, but that was just hearsay from a Tesla customer service rep by phone who was just looking at the map. No more info that what we can see online right now.

11. mf66

mf66 Member

Not sure. The earlier CBL announcement covered only a few locations. The source on East Towne mall is good and legitimate. It also fits in with the framework- location close to highway, near stuff to do and CBL wants to have Tesla owners shop their malls.

12. Liz G

Liz G P03056

I was really happy to see that one will be going in in the Milwaukee area for a couple of reasons. My grandmother lives in Milwaukee so it makes it easy to visit her. And my husbands folks live in the UP on the Wisconsin border so having on in Milwaukee will make traveling to his folks easy.

13. aponok

aponok New Member

Here is the progress as of 7:30 tonight. I was told the expected completion date is 9/12.
    2013-09-05_19-00-51_863 (5).jpg 2013-09-05_19-00-44_718.jpg

14. Liz G

Liz G P03056

Thanks for keeping us posted. Very excited that they will be in in time for my next trip to gramas.

15. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

It was just announced that ribbon cutting would be held 10am, this coming Thursday. 9/12.

I assume that a handful of members of Chicago chapter TeslaOwners will be making the trip (just posted to the web site) ...

Who else is attending?

16. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Unfortunately, I have all day meetings and cannot attend, or I would have considered staying up there overnight.

17. mep

mep Member

Yes we just RSVPed. We will get our black 85 MS tomorrow at 2pm, just in time for the ribbon cutting.

18. Alfafoxtrot1

Alfafoxtrot1 Member

Yup - got the invite today. Unfortunately, I have other commitments. However, I'm sure I'll be out there soon.

19. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

#40 purplewalt, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    ITEM 1:
    Model X will have AWD as an Option.
    Model S will probably roll out AWD Option soon after RHD models are revealed for shipment to England, Hong Kong: so if AWD is the only thing holding you back, start selecting the rest of the Options and finishes for your Model S.

TM already has a lot on their plate with Supercharger openings, new Option Offerings for Model S.

ITEM 2:
    Has anyone been to Rockford to see if charging is operational and available, prior to OFFICIAL Opening this Thursday?
    If so, please advise and post pics.