Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rockville Service Center - What's Going On?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any idea what is going on at the Rockville Service Center? Pardon the pun but they seem to be on 'autopilot' with no oversight or manager present.

I just had to bring in my 2013 Model S to have the sunroof replaced due to the glass cracking. The replacement took about a week since (apparently) Tesla doesn't make the original sized sunroof anymore. When I first got it back, I noticed that it was missing the windscreen. The Tesla service coordinator said "it's probably not needed with this new sunroof" which I knew was complete BS. When I drove the car away there was a horrible amount of wind noise. I turned around and brought it back. They spent another few days intstalling an "applique" or frame to make it water/wind tight which they completely left off the first time.

There were lots of other issues I wasn't happy with regarding my visit including the attitudes of some of the service personnel and wanted to speak to a service manager. When I asked the service person if I could speak to the manager she argued with me for about 10 minutes stating over and over again "Why?" and "What good will it do to talk to them?". Finally she said, "I'll pass on the message but he might be too busy to talk to you". I'm thinking there is no service manager there overseeing things. I checked LinkedIn and it looks like someone was either just fired and or hired there.

I sent a request through Tesla chat to have someone contact me and have heard nothing.

Does anyone have any insight on what's going on there and/or who to connect with? There is a sea change of people there from years ago and the quality of customer interaction and service has gone downhill dramatically.

So, here's my issue. I made an appointment 4 weeks ago that they canceled due to lack of parts. They said they would contact me when they were in. I never got a call.

In the meantime, you can no longer schedule an appointment online (which is the only method I know of) at the Rockville Service Center. I posted a question to the support page on the web site. I received a voice mail back from Maria. She said to call and make an appointment.

My issue is they never call back when you leave a voice mail and now you can't make an appointment online. I'm not complaining to them, I just want to make an appointment.

Update - I did get a call back this morning and set up my appointment. Hopefully the issues will be fixed during my appointment.

Agree with other poster, this is systemic/global problem - there are threads about it. RSC itself is still very good. Communications with the company, especially around service are terrible. It is clearly not a priority.

While I was there earlier this week, an owner was irate over Tesla's new Uber instead of loaner policy and I felt pretty bad for the staff. They have to take a lot of the heat for corporate's policies so I do hope they're actively communicating the owners' frustration up the chain.

Reactions: PStewart
I have to say, if my experience post-delivery at the Rockville SC is an example of what future service is going to look like I'm going to start going to Tyson's or elsewhere. Getting these guys to respond to email or answer the phone is nearly impossible.

Reactions: PStewart