Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rocky Mount, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took the long way home after a visit to the new SC in VA; should have fully range charged before leaving VA, as I ended up having to stop at a 30A charger about 20 miles from home to make sure I got home... guess that long stretch of I-95 where I was reading the highway number as the speed limit affected range! :wink:

Definitely an 8 charger setup split into two groups by the curb at the corner of the parking strip with the charger bays. Not the best quality of photos (only had phone with me), but looks like they are making good progress

Most, excellent, thanks, Dan!

Came out today and one of the engineers for the project was here. It's supposed to be functional this week but the opening is in a couple of weeks. He was thinking two weeks from this Tuesday. Here's some pics:

ysu2a9a7.jpg
utymyhy2.jpg
y8a7a5u3.jpg

He said I missed where they were dry fitting the covers yesterday.

Thanks for the update, doctrewho! Did you happen to notice what the status of the electrical equipment was?

Not sure I understand what your asking. Per the engineer onsite power is ready to be turned on this week.

- - - Updated - - -

If it is functional this week, does that mean one can charge there, or will that not be possible until the official "ribbon cutting"?

In the past people have successfully charged using "unopened" superchargers. However, if there is an issue Tesla can't help you with it. :)

- - - Updated - - -

One other thing that the engineer there mentioned is that Tesla is paying to have two J1772 charging stations installed in the same lot. He didn't have a time frame on them though.

Thanks for the update, doctrewho! Looks like it should be functional any day now. The fact that the fences are up around the switchgear and superchargers means that those are likely all ready to go, as typically from what I've seen, they don't put that up until after all the gear is installed. I suspect it will be up and running in a few days. Now let's find those other NC supercharger locations :)