Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rogers is the carrier for Tesla Canada?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
My LTE was up and down like a toilet seat today. I popped into the service centre on Railside to see if they could help. The advisor let me know that this was an issue with most cars as Rogers was down. Man, I so hate Rogers as a company in general. They are too, too big and with the M&A of Shaw Comm, they will be the biggest. And they keep failing! ARGHHH!!!!

Rant over. Please don’t slag me over this.

My car's service has always been poor. I will occasionally lose service completely, in the middle of Toronto, while my phone is at max bars. I think there is something screwed up in the Tesla mobile network software, at least in older Model Ss. I have posted threads here and others have confirmed the same issues.

Reactions: Soul Surfer
Yup! I ran into the Railside centre, thinking my car was broken, only to be told, by the good people there, that it was carrier related. I wonder if this could be an update issue, causing this?
On Telus' side? Maybe, but odds are we'll never know since that is backend stuff the community as a whole aren't privy to. Not likely to be on Tesla's side given I've not seen any updates for a while now and it's clearly stated that the issue is with the carrier - in this case, that's Telus. Answer is, unless it's a dire situation I would hold off running into a service centre each and every time you have an issue and see if it either resolves itself or an update fixes it.

Tesla's Canadian car's used to use AT&T for mobile connectivity and would roam on Canadian networks (old timers will remember frequent disconnects in service as the older modems would hunt around forever in a no service state while it was looking for AT&T whenever there was a loss in coverage). They moved to TELUS a few years ago, and updated most of their cars remotely.

Tesla have recently swapped carriers are moving from TELUS to Rogers in batches. It's over 60% done, so some of us are on Rogers, and some of us are on TELUS.

Reactions: Soul Surfer
Tesla's Canadian car's used to use AT&T for mobile connectivity and would roam on Canadian networks (old timers will remember frequent disconnects in service as the older modems would hunt around forever in a no service state while it was looking for AT&T whenever there was a loss in coverage). They moved to TELUS a few years ago, and updated most of their cars remotely.

Tesla have recently swapped carriers are moving from TELUS to Rogers in batches. It's over 60% done, so some of us are on Rogers, and some of us are on TELUS.
Rogers blows. Their CEO is the biggest wanker. No backbone. Lies are what mostly come out of his mouth.

Reactions: Ther0ck

Can they do this remotely or does the SIM in your card need to be changed? I continually suffer no service state in my 8 year old Model S - I did pay to upgrade my car from 3G to LTE years ago.