TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roll call of TMC members and their Model S reservation status (or otherwise)

Discussion in 'Model S' started by gg_got_a_tesla, Oct 22, 2011.

?

What's your Model S reservation status (or otherwise) *anywhere in the world*?

1. I have a Signature reservation already

46 vote(s)
    37.7%
  2. I have a General Production reservation already (will get a 300, 230 or 160 pack eventually)

54 vote(s)
    44.3%
  3. No reservation yet but, will get a Signature reservation soon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No reservation yet, but, will get a General Production reservation eventually

9 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. I'm sitting on the fence, waiting and watching, yet to decide on the Model S

9 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. I'll probably never get a Model S (might get an X instead or no Tesla at all)

4 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

All, been meaning to set this poll up for sometime to get a feel for

- not just the current status of reservations but,
    - to track future interest and
    - to see how many current/prospective reservation holders (or otherwise) are actually active on the TMC forum.

Please vote accordingly and post followups. Many of us don't have our reservation status in our profile title so, this might help on that front.

This does overlap with the "Model S Tally" sticky being maintained by michiganmodels but, thought this would give a different feel for the same numbers.

Note: the reservations are across countries - I purposely didn't break it out on those lines.

Doug: please consider making it a sticky if valuable.

2. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Got US General Production P 1,620.

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

4. herbvdh

herbvdh Member

I am patiently waiting to order my Model S the reason is I need full information on the Model X. If I get the Model S I keep the RX400h if I get the Model X I very well may sell the RX400h. I have started the process on the website specifying what colour etc. Dark Blue with 22" wheels.

5. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

You probably mean 21" wheels there herbvdh. It's the Fisker that has 22" wheels. :smile:

I had the general production version from back in June and upgraded to the Sig when Elon announced that the performance version would be available at launch. It's a LOT of money, but it'll probably be the last car that we buy and everything about it is KICK-ASS!

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Is it Ok for Tesla to use this in marketing? :biggrin:

7. PopSmith

PopSmith Saving for a Model 3

I currently don't have a Model S reserved but if a couple pieces fall into place I'll hopefully have one reserved by December or January.

While I would love to do a Signature reservation I don't really like the idea of plunking down $40K considering the final cost of a Signature may well be $80-$90K ($57,400 + $20K for the 300-mile pack + included options). Since I'm single if the Model S Signature really turns out to be $80-$90K I'd rather buy a Roadster...

8. KBF

KBF Model S 2017

#8 KBF, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
    The cool thing about Canadian signatures is that we only paid the $5000 at first (we could only do regular reservations); then when they allowed us to upgrade to Sig's they decided that we only had to pay the rest of the deposit when we pick our options.

Canada feels the Tesla love... :D

9. dmckinstry

dmckinstry Model S - U.S. P - #1649

I'm US P #1649. I'll put that in my profile. Perhaps a good idea for all reservation holders.

10. Modelpro

Modelpro New Member

Im587 as of today

11. Modelpro

Modelpro New Member

Thats what i did as well, im from chicago

12. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

#R77--and holding. Got my order in the day they started taking orders...and am WAY ready to get my car!

13. pguerra

pguerra Member

Oh my gosh.

I am REALLY going to be waiting a LONG time to get my base Model S - I'm friction #5277!!!!!

OUCH.

FIVE THOUSAND TWO-HUNDRED SEVENTY-SEVEN....

OUCH!

14. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

US General Production P 4,776.

Larry

15. Eberhard

Eberhard #421 Model S #S32

I have sig #32 in europe. but i think about to cancel my reservation because of lack of support for what europe need. I found out how little a 10kW 3-ph charger cost in Europe ($1500) and i dont see any reason why tesla is refusing to give as what we need here. It will take a while until a DC-Network will be setup in Europe. Meanwhile i have to charge with AC. Its not the problem at home or office, there i have 3-ph 32A. Its when i am on business trips, where i only can get a charge on a 3x16A socket. Up to now there is even no support for Mennekes Type 2 (similar to J1772), even not for my current Roadster.

16. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Clarification: that was a special one-time offer for those already holding Model S reservations when the Signature option was first made available in Canada.

If you want a Canadian Signature now you have to put down the $40k.

17. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Why don't you look into a 3-phase to single phase converter, which you could carry in the car?

18. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

You might want to wait until spring when all the options are announced and you know for sure what you'll be getting. That way if they change their mind on the support you want, you don't lose your place in line.

19. Talkredius

Talkredius Member

I'm holding back my reservation until I get a clear statement from Tesla that they will support 3 phase charging or semi-mobil Chademo charging with 3 phase inlet (400V @32A = 22 kW). It would be okay, if they will approve third party chargers

there are and will be no such chargers available because Chademo Chargers would make more sense.

20. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight _____ P85 #549 _____ Sig Red / Sig White

You and Gilbert Passin (Tesla Head of Factory Production) have something in common:
    Read more: Can Tesla become a bigger company with Model S electric car? That's Elon Musk's gamble - Autoweek