Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roll call of TMC members and their Model S reservation status (or otherwise)

What's your Model S reservation status (or otherwise) *anywhere in the world*?

• I have a Signature reservation already

Votes: 46 37.7%
  • I have a General Production reservation already (will get a 300, 230 or 160 pack eventually)

Votes: 54 44.3%
  • No reservation yet but, will get a Signature reservation soon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No reservation yet, but, will get a General Production reservation eventually

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I'm sitting on the fence, waiting and watching, yet to decide on the Model S

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I'll probably never get a Model S (might get an X instead or no Tesla at all)

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My prediction is the Model X will be a Model S with a straight roof (rather than sloping down) to allow more space in the back, obviously a tow hitch, and it will optionally have a second motor up front for 4-wheel drive. That last is probably a $20k option. Sport crossover? :smile:

A second motor (and PEM) should not cost $20K or even $5K.

Now, with that said, Elon Musk said with a second motor the Model S could get a sub-4.0 second 0-60 time. So maybe with the 1200A service in place of the 900A (full sport package) Tesla would try to charge $15K-$20K more, especially if it is as fast as a Roadster!

That would put the Model X Super-Sport at a minimum of $97K.

When can I buy the cabriolet? :smile:

Waiting and hoping for Model C, would make a wonderful convertible.

Hi,

I'll bite, what do you suppose is Tesla's view of the difference between a cabriolet and a standard convertible, and have they ever announced a convertible? Aren't cabriolets usually two-seat cars without tops (convertible or hard tops) or roll-up windows?

Larry

Last edited:
Aren't cabriolets usually two-seat cars without tops (convertible or hard tops) or roll-up windows?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabriolet_(carriage)
A cabriolet is a light horse-drawn vehicle, with two wheels and a single horse. The carriage has a folding hood that can cover its two occupants, one of whom is the driver. It has a large rigid apron, gracefully upward-curving shafts, and usually a rear platform between the C springs for a groom. The design was developed in France in the early nineteenth century and quickly replaced the heavier hackney carriage as the vehicle for hire of choice in Paris and London.

All the cabriolets I've seen were 4 or 5 seaters.

Seems that some folk use Cabriolet/Convertible/Roadster interchangeably:
http://www.elitebmw.com/showroom/2011/BMW/Z4/Cabriolet.htm
cabrio.jpg

Seems that some folk use Cabriolet/Convertible/Roadster interchangeably:
http://www.elitebmw.com/showroom/2011/BMW/Z4/Cabriolet.htm
View attachment 3242

That's my understanding too, or rather that Americans say convertible and Europeans say cabriolet.

My vision of a "Model C" would be 2-door 4-5 seater with a convertible top, something like how Volvo C70 convertible is based on a boring sedan (no, I'm not calling Model S boring). A 2-seater convertible is just too impractical for me, need a backseat, even if it's just a small one.

That's my understanding too, or rather that Americans say convertible and Europeans say cabriolet.

My vision of a "Model C" would be 2-door 4-5 seater with a convertible top, something like how Volvo C70 convertible is based on a boring sedan (no, I'm not calling Model S boring). A 2-seater convertible is just too impractical for me, need a backseat, even if it's just a small one.

Isn't there tons of room in the trunk area to accommodate a collapsible hardtop? Why bother reducing the cabin space and seating at all?