Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roll Call: Who Ordered a P-AWD without Performance Upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chime in if you ordered a performance AWD model 3 without the performance upgrade.
Why are you not adding the performance upgrade?
Why is it worth $11k more to you than the base AWD model 3?

Just looking for open honest opinions. No judgments here.
So I guess the question is why did I get a P3D- over AWD.
Well, I wanted the quickest Model 3 possible since I knew no matter how quick it is I would always want more and would end up envious of the quicker 3's on the road. At the time it also looked like Track Mode would come to all performance models. Then later it got changed to only plus models and now is back to all performance models. Also at the time white interior was only offered on the performance model. The extra 5K performance upgrade was not worth it for me since I did not value those parts and wanted better after market parts than Tesla offered in the plus package.

Last edited:
I always wanted all wheel drive, but I was not planning on getting the 'performance' version. Then Elon tweeted about 'buy the performance model and get free supercharging for as long as you own it', so I went for the performance but not for the extra $5000 upgrade.

For me it was mostly the wheels - the larger wheels look nice, but living in a state known for its potholes I wanted the extra tire sidewall to help smooth out the ride. Spoiler? Meh. Pedals? Meh. Extra 10 mph? Meh. Bigger brakes - would be nice, but they don't fit the smaller wheels.

I'm happy with the combination I have.

Reactions: Rondal5000