Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roll down folding back window for pass-through

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My fear is they would add it as an option AFTER I bought mine. I would love driving that around with the rear open to the wind and have that as a way to get into the vault bed when camping. And I love the idea of being able to load 4x8 sheets and then closing the tailgate and it's all locked and protected.

My fear is they would add it as an option AFTER I bought mine. I would love driving that around with the rear open to the wind and have that as a way to get into the vault bed when camping. And I love the idea of being able to load 4x8 sheets and then closing the tailgate and it's all locked and protected.
Me too, I loved opening the rear window on my old F150 and letting the fresh air pass through. And folding down woudl just be icing on the cake with so many advantages. Hopefully the truck is far enough out that it'll be standard/optional by the thime first deliveries start flowing.

Reactions: SeminoleFSU
The thing I can't wrap my head around is how the bed cover is supposed to rollup if the rear wall/window folds down. Doesn't it roll down the wall into the undercarriage?

This image pretty clearly shows the cover coming up between the bed wall and the window. To your point, it looks like it would take more than simply folding the wall into the cab as the bed wall and window are separate pieces and the cover moves between them.

Attachments

• tesla-cybertruck-bed-cover.gif
    tesla-cybertruck-bed-cover.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 300
Reactions: Luke42
This image pretty clearly shows the cover coming up between the bed wall and the window. To your point, it looks like it would take more than simply folding the wall into the cab as the bed wall and window are separate pieces and the cover moves between them.

Thanks for that gif. Make it very clear to see.
I wonder if the bed wall is present as part of the bed cover when in deployed position - i.e. does it go vertical(blocking the rear window) as well as horizontal, or is there just enough material to cover the horizontal part of the bed.

There were rumors floating around that the center arm rest / jumpseat in the back would be the pass through, not the entire seat/wall folding down. I'd much prefer the latter (PLEASE ELON :)) but either is better than nothing so hopefully we'll get one or the other.

Electric avalanche! c'mon Elon! :)

Reactions: israndy