Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rollin Coal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't agree. A crime is a crime independently from the damage that it produces. You can steal an apple or $1,000,000, you always do the same crime. Now if polluting willingly is considered a crime in the USA it must be punished independently from the damage that it produces IMO.
But the point is, that in some places this isn't a crime, it is in others. If they were to do this in WA or CA, they'd fail emissions checks and they could be ticketed, but evidently some states don't care so there is no law.

Ironically, they may not be burning much more fuel, as a lot of the black muck is unburned diesel. They are ****ing up their local environment, ****ing up their engine, ****ing up their mileage, but they might not actually be emitting any more CO2 than normal.

Now I understand why they do it! They like to breathe the vapour coming from the pipeline. :scared: Maybe that a doctor should tell them that this is not good for their health. Problem is: would they believe to the doctor? :confused:

In fact since they don't believe 97% of scientists saying that Global Warming is taking place I guess that they will not believe also to a doctor saying that breathing vapours coming from the pipeline is dangerous for the health.

It's mostly particulate matter coming out, so it really doesn't affect global warming.

But CO2 is always present in their pipelines. What they want to mean with this rebellion to President Obama is that Global Warming is not taking place. What they really want to mean is that CO2 is not dangerous for mankind. And they are really wrong on this matter. Believe me.

LOL, I had one of these trucks try to roll coal on my car a few weeks ago, we were at a stoplight and the truck almost got me but I saw the truck pouring it on in the side mirror and I floored it until I'm about five car lengths out in front of him, by then we are moving along at speeds that would have required a court appearance so I let him go past (The truck is now throwing out a little white/blue smoke) but make it pay since the truck was breaking the speed limit by a multiple of three (at least). I know I should have ignored him - but, well, I have no excuse.

This is quite incorrect. "Black carbon" is a very serious green-house agent, second only to CO2 in its current impact:

Black carbon ranks as second-biggest human cause of global warming - The Washington Post

Global warming: The new black | The Economist

I stand corrected. I'm not really too concerned though. They are only able to get away with it because of the extremely small number of people doing it. Should it catch on in large numbers, everyone would complain and it would quickly be banned. The few that do it, do it specifically to troll people, and threads like these make their days.

These are the kinds of people who, if Michelle Obama suddenly did a PSA telling kids to brush their teeth so they won't need dentures later in life would go out and immediately get in a fight to knock out their own teeth to say "So there!"

Slate published a piece that views rolling coal as another manifestation of the "use it before liberals ban it" instinct.

Rolling Coal: Conservatives who show their annoyance with liberals, Obama, and the EPA by blowing black smoke from their trucks.

- - - Updated - - -

This is quite incorrect. "Black carbon" is a very serious green-house agent, second only to CO2 in its current impact:

Black carbon ranks as second-biggest human cause of global warming - The Washington Post

Global warming: The new black | The Economist

Not to mention that particulate emissions like this cause respiratory issues.