Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

rolling back the miles on the odometer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
any hackers here that can assist in rolling back those Digital miles? Anyone?....

1 year and 4 months in of ownership and I’m over 40k miles already.. ugh. At this rate, I will reach my the end of my warranty in a few months. I think I at least had the major common stuff repaired already, door handle, MCU screen, and drivers seat. but going into year two with no bumper to bumper warranty scores the crap outta me

any hackers here that can assist in rolling back those Digital miles? Anyone?....

1 year and 4 months in of ownership and I’m over 40k miles already.. ugh. At this rate, I will reach my the end of my warranty in a few months. I think I at least had the major common stuff repaired already, door handle, MCU screen, and drivers seat. but going into year two with no bumper to bumper warranty scores the crap outta me
So you feel justified to do this. Who do you plan to rip off? The person who buys back the car with altered odometer
(a crime) or tesla?

Reactions: Pinot.Noir
On another note - when will EV’s be treated differently from ICE cars where higher mileage is concerned. We hear about the lack of maintenance and the longevity of, Tesla batteries in prarticular, why are our cars treated and steep price hits as ICE cars are with higher mileage?

On another note - when will EV’s be treated differently from ICE cars where higher mileage is concerned. We hear about the lack of maintenance and the longevity of, Tesla batteries in prarticular, why are our cars treated and steep price hits as ICE cars are with higher mileage?
Not proven yet?

Plus, a car with lots of miles still, to me, looks like a car with lots of miles. I'm sure a good professional detail would do wonders, so perhaps it's just me (and having kids).

Reactions: 2101Guy
Not proven yet?

Plus, a car with lots of miles still, to me, looks like a car with lots of miles. I'm sure a good professional detail would do wonders, so perhaps it's just me (and having kids).

I’ve got kids and >95% of my miles are in the HOV lane commuting. Have PPF & ceramic coating and would put my car up against any car with 20k miles and would probably still be the one picked as “in best condition”. I know my BMW’s were all but used up (mechanically) at 150k+ miles but I honestly don’t see my S100D being that way in another 18 months. I was just curious what others thought and when the tide may change from miles to actual condition for EV’s

Still not proven out yet. There's still a very small sample of high mileage EV's. Even Tesla still has a mileage cap on warranty, 4 year 50k, 8y 100k.... Some parts might still be affected by mileage, however I'm hoping not many are. We just recently purchased our Tesla's and hope to get many maintenance free/minimal years from them.

Probably never, wear and tear on the whole vehicle remains the same regardless of powertrain
In fact in my experience, my 2015 Model S seats look worse than my 2008 bmw

Reactions: 2101Guy
Not proven yet?

I beg to differ. I am a weekend detailing hack (it's one of my hobbies) and I think my car looks as good today as the day I bought it, maybe better. I might be the exception but as far as looks goes, my pain is near perfect and the interior looks amazing (and I have two beasts... I mean kids).

Unfortunately, I don't think the "looks" is what really drives the price in resale. I've got about 70,000 km in 2 years which will eventually kill me on resale.