Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roof Color Change in Rain (please see photos)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I was thinking that might be a possibility. When I ordered mine, there were two in stock with my spec, so I took the older one. Maybe it was much older?? Now I'm worried, why was this one still sitting around in all the frenzy? LOL...
VIN 146XXX (Did I do that right? I'm such a n00b! Not to msg boards, but just to Tesla.)
Thanks.

VIN is not an indication of manufacturing date as they jump around, however, if you look at the sticker in your door, the manufacturing month/year is in the top left corner.

model-s-vin-detail.jpg

My 10/18 build only has the front panel UV, friend who has a 12/18 build has full UV front and rear. Seems Tesla flip flopped again on the glass

My understanding from another thread on the forum is that all the cars have UV/IR glass roofs. They use I thought 3 glass manufacturers and the manufacturers use different material, thus the color difference. But no doubt you have full UV on both your front and rear roof glass panels.

Reactions: Leeclanual
All, I realize I am late to the conversation here. I picked up my car in 11/2018 and I have a partial red roof when it is wet. I took to service center and they said they didn't see what I was talking about so my husband left with it. I have put in another service request and have tried to upload photos but app doesn't take them. So am I being to picky? I really don't mind the red if it were on the entire roof, as it is... it looks defective or like something spilled on it. Any help is appreciated...

Attachments

• M3streakonroof.JPG
    M3streakonroof.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 52
All, I realize I am late to the conversation here. I picked up my car in 11/2018 and I have a partial red roof when it is wet. I took to service center and they said they didn't see what I was talking about so my husband left with it. I have put in another service request and have tried to upload photos but app doesn't take them. So am I being to picky? I really don't mind the red if it were on the entire roof, as it is... it looks defective or like something spilled on it. Any help is appreciated...
if you are being picky, so am i. i ended up trading my partial roof car back in for a DM that had both roof panels the same color.