Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roof/falcon wing door glass replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had the roof glass on their falcon wing doors replaced under warranty? The rubber seals at the top (roof) of the falcon wing doors on my Model X are not sealing correctly and do not line up like they should. No water has leaked inside the vehicle yet, but I live in Oregon and it will happen eventually if the seals are not repaired. Tesla service determined the problem to be bad upper falcon wing door glass panels. They are replacing both upper falcon wing door glass panels, whenever they can get the parts. Hopefully they can get the alignment right with the new glass and the seals will not leak. As I said, I live in Oregon so rain is something we deal with almost daily during the fall, winter, and spring.

Yes, I have had the panel of the FWD behind the driver seat replaced due to anomalies in the glass. They did a great job. Can't tell anything was done, except the anomalies in the glass are now gone! I had a 4-wk lead time for my service appointment in Austin.

Washed my 2018 P100D Model X and saw the roof seals breaking apart and basically disintegrating. Called Tesla and was told this is a wear item and NOT covered under warranty. I was lucky to get them to agree to fix it "good will" but this definitely seems like a poor engineering design.

I also could not get an answer if they are replacing the with something better or the same. If you haven't looked at your roof lately, you might want to check before it starts raining.