Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roof Glass Stain/Scratch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took a delivery of a MYLR yesterday and when i got home, noticed a possible scratch/stain on the left rear roof glass. Tried using some glass cleaner and it won't come off. Anyone have any ideas on what this could be? Would service center repair this for free since I just picked up the car?

Attachments

• IMG_0286.jpeg
    IMG_0286.jpeg
    295.4 KB · Views: 179
Just took a delivery of a MYLR yesterday and when i got home, noticed a possible scratch/stain on the left rear roof glass. Tried using some glass cleaner and it won't come off. Anyone have any ideas on what this could be? Would service center repair this for free since I just picked up the car?
Service could evaluate it and clean. Hard to tell but it looks like mineral deposits from dried rain water. Try dissolving it with alcohol. Else, VERY gingerly on just a TINY spot at first use a brand new razor blade to see if it scrapes off. That could give you an idea about further removal. You could also use a low abrasive automotive polish on a TINY spot at first. Well, better to take it to service center.

Looks like some heavy water spotting. Shouldn't be too hard to remove.

Service could evaluate it and clean. Hard to tell but it looks like mineral deposits from dried rain water. Try dissolving it with alcohol. Else, VERY gingerly on just a TINY spot at first use a brand new razor blade to see it scrapes off.
If you use a razor blade make sure you saturate the area first (maybe glass cleaner) so the blade has plenty of lubricant.

Reactions: zoomer0056