Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roof option video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It makes sense if the you want to put a cheap entry model on the marked.
This huge glass roof must cost a lot of money - it is unique to Tesla. Also think of the cost of replacing it.
I - personally - would not order it.

Same here, I would go for the basic metal roof. And would even consider gradient tinting rear window such the the top most bit will be darkest. Don't like the idea of having everyone sitting on the back seat on a glass display as we drive.

The metal area is going to be so small though. I am not sure how it will look aesthetically.

It will look nearly the same as an all-glass roof. Because nobody stands on top of the hood to view a cars' roof. And even tall people barely spend any time outside next to their car staring at its roof. Your time is spent inside the car. While driving, other people are looking primarily at the sides of your car.

It will look nearly the same as an all-glass roof. Because nobody stands on top of the hood to view a cars' roof. And even tall people barely spend any time outside next to their car staring at its roof. Your time is spent inside the car. While driving, other people are looking primarily at the sides of your car.
Actually, I was looking out a window of a two story building one time and I thought to myself "What is that awesome looking car down there with the pano roof and sweet looking rims?"... It ended up being a Model S. I had seen hundreds of Model Ss but that was my first time seeing one from above and it was impressive.

This huge glass roof must cost a lot of money - it is unique to Tesla. Also think of the cost of replacing it.
Look at this official photo of the Model 3 roof. In this image you can clearly see the line between the rear window and the center roof area. Note that the windshield and the fixed rear window together comprise about 80% (my estimate) of the total "top" glass area, the center section is the smallest piece. Yes it is a unique design with a lot of glass but I doubt it costs "a lot of money" to manufacture or Tesla would not have designed their mass market $35K base Model 3 that way. The base model will of course include the huge windshield and rear window. The center section will likely be metal in the base model, than optional fixed glass in the center or, for more money, a sunroof.

image.png