Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roof rack for glass roof: Retrofit

4SUPER9

Jun 6, 2013
California
I have a late 2018 MS with a glass roof. I would like to attach a roof/ski rack, of which I still have from my prior panoramic roof. According to Tesla's site, there is a rack available for the MS with glass roof built after 2/11/2019, and that there is a retrofit available for earlier glass roof vehicles such as mine. I can't find any additional info, and calling Tesla is not an easy task.

Has anyone done this and do they know the cost? I only have a year left on my lease, and would consider it if it is affordable. Actually, I do not even know if my roof rack would fit it, or if there are new parameters.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC