TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roof Rack for non-pano?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by tdiggity, Nov 8, 2014.

1. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

Has anyone outfitted their non-pano Model S with a roof rack? I know the mounts aren't there, so was wondering if anyone has come up with any solution for this.

2. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

The question is what you want to mount. There are vacuum cup solutions like Bike Racks | Seasucker that work really well. They also make solutions for skis, paddle boards and SUPs and have kayak pads but I've never seen nor tried those.

I don't have a pano and to date I've simply loaded bikes and skis into the back with seat(s) folded down as necessary.

3. allesad

allesad New Member

I use SeaSucker. Real strong, just keep the cups clean. I have the sailboard rack and converted my Tule ski rack to fit the bar as well. I am driving from KY to FL this winter with my sailboard, curious on the range impact...will also be monitoring the suction cup "grip". The cups have built in visual indicators.