Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roof Rack "Panoramic Roof" Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I just bought second hand a Model S roof rack for a panoramic roof - I think the seller misunderstood what the panoramic roof meant...his is the all glass (I think) version. I have a 2013.

Anyway, does anyone know if the footings are swappable with the correct ones? If so, a part number or location to buy just the footings would be super helpful. Google search didn't unearth anything for me.

Picture for reference:

IMG_6645.jpg

Here is what Tesla says about it.....you can find this info on the Tesla shop page for the roof rack by clicking the "support page" link.
  • Model S vehicles equipped with the full glass roof but built prior to February 11, 2019 will require a retrofit performed by Tesla Service prior to the installation of this roof rack. Contact your local Service Center for retrofit details.
  • Model S (Panoramic Roof): Not eligible for this product. A separate roof rack was previously sold but no longer available.

Yeah - I got the right racks hmmm hnn on hje
Sorry that was supposed to read: I got the right model year racks, but the footings are set for a glass roof, rather than the panoramic roof - the picture I tried to capture is the difference between the two - one I think sits underneath the glass, whereas mine are supposed to be screwed in someway.