Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roof rack WITHOUT panoramic roof?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone aware of an after-market roof rack for the Model S without the pano roof? Or any company that might be working on one? I can imagine it could be difficult to make it work with the frameless doors, but the roof rack companies like Thule and Yakima and Whispbar make fit kits for all kinds of cars. I was aware when ordering our Model S that there was no roof rack option at the time, but I was hoping someone would eventually come out with one, and the lack of a rack is one of the few reasons we still need another car.

I typically carry one or two 16' canoes (around 60 lbs each). I'm not sure I'd trust the suction cup type. I wouldn't be worried about them coming off, but I think the weight needs to be on the edges of the roof outside the rain track, not on the roof sheet metal.

For now, we have another car that can carry the canoes - I'm just looking ahead to a time when we might be able to manage with one car, and the roof rack thing will become a limitation then.

Does anyone have a roof rack for any other kind of car with frameless doors?