TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Roof racks from typical after market manufacturers

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Nuclear Fusion, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Nuclear Fusion

Nuclear Fusion Active Member

Any news from the typical suppliers like Thule & others?

2. CharleyBC

CharleyBC Member

None that I've heard. There is the Tesla roof rack (Model 3 Roof Rack). I think someone said this is made for Tesla by Yakima, but don't quote me on that. Anyway, given that base rack, you can then get bike racks, carriers, ski racks, etc from your favorites like Thule.

3. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

I have the Tesla rack, and a Thule Force XT Sport. Perfect fit. I'm not sure who makes the rack for Tesla, but it is very similar to the Thule Aeroblade Edge series.

4. North75

North75 Member

Tesla rack is definitely made by Yakima. I can't remember exactly, but it says Yakima either on the packaging, or maybe on some of the plastic parts.

It's very nice. I have a Thule bike carrier on it, so I think it would work fine with accessories from Thule or Yakima.

5. CharleyBC

CharleyBC Member

I like how thus far two people have quoted me on the thing where I said, "don't quote me on that." :D

6. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

except I named the opposite brand, which is sort of not really a quote..... ;)

• Like x 1