Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roof racks from typical after market manufacturers

CharleyBC

Jun 28, 2019
Talent, OR
None that I've heard. There is the Tesla roof rack (Model 3 Roof Rack). I think someone said this is made for Tesla by Yakima, but don't quote me on that. Anyway, given that base rack, you can then get bike racks, carriers, ski racks, etc from your favorites like Thule.

ModelNforNerd

Apr 17, 2015
Norway, ME
None that I've heard. There is the Tesla roof rack (Model 3 Roof Rack). I think someone said this is made for Tesla by Yakima, but don't quote me on that. Anyway, given that base rack, you can then get bike racks, carriers, ski racks, etc from your favorites like Thule.

I have the Tesla rack, and a Thule Force XT Sport. Perfect fit. I'm not sure who makes the rack for Tesla, but it is very similar to the Thule Aeroblade Edge series.

North75

Mar 28, 2017
MA
Tesla rack is definitely made by Yakima. I can't remember exactly, but it says Yakima either on the packaging, or maybe on some of the plastic parts.

It's very nice. I have a Thule bike carrier on it, so I think it would work fine with accessories from Thule or Yakima.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC