Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roof sunshade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
I live in Australia and I'm thinking I need the roof sunshades.
Currently trying to choose between the Tessories one (Glass Roof Sunshade for Model 3 - Tessories AU) and the Temai one (https://www.amazon.com.au/TEMAI-Tesla-Sunshades-2021-2022-Shanghai/dp/B097BFGW9S)

Can anyone who has either one provide feedback? Mainly want to reduce the heat as much as possible, but also want it to look nice. I have white seats in the car.
The one in your Amazon link shows as being "unavailable". FWIW, I'd seriously consider a professionally installed nano ceramic window tint for the top glass. It is more expensive than sunshades, but likely will do a much better job of heat rejection while maintaining good visibility.

Reactions: Draco
I am in California, and I use the two pieces sunshade.

The cover you made reference is good because the rear part of the glass is not covered.
Others covers covering the whole rear glass are not recommended
because you could not see anything when looking at your rear view mirror.

I don't have the extra reflective layer. This might be useful for extra reflection or for insulation in winter.
However, from reading other threads, some people think that the extra reflection layer
might had created a crack in they window roof because of the extra heat.

About the folding curtain, this would be certainly great, especially for the rear passengers,
to see the sky at night, or to see scenery and surrounding, but this is a very pricey option.

The web link shows unavailable, but from another TMC thread I found the following for US$ 500.

Hi
Currently trying to choose between the Tessories one (Glass Roof Sunshade for Model 3 - Tessories AU) and the Temai one (https://www.amazon.com.au/TEMAI-Tesla-Sunshades-2021-2022-Shanghai/dp/B097BFGW9S)

Can anyone who has either one provide feedback? Mainly want to reduce the heat as much as possible, but also want it to look nice. I have white seats in the car.
I got my kit from the Tesla shop in June of this year as we had some car trips planned. The fitment is perfect. There are enough clips too. they cut the heat by a good 25% or more and kept the cabin of my M3 LRAWD pretty good. I've seen others with a second layer of reflective material and they might be pretty good too, but I wanted to keep mine OEM. I may consider adding ceramic tinting to the roof next year to further keep the heat in check. We don’t get nearly as hot up here in Canada, as you mates, down under, though.

Hi

If you want to buy Model 3 roof sunshades with good quality, you are recommended to know about the model 3 sunshades from TESERY brand. Here is its link: Sunshade for Tesla Model 3 2021-2023. These Model 3 sunshades use lightweight mesh fabric and a foldable rigid frame to further reduce the heat transfer into the cabin by blocking two-thirds of the solar heat load.

They can prevent sunlight from entering the car directly, so it has thermal insulation effect. When you get back in the car, it will keep you cool and comfortable. These Tesla sushades were designed after measuring the size and has been tested many times on Model 3. Therefore, the size is correct.